Curling as an Olympic sport.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Sticks the landing
LL

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
I just don't like bashing other sports whether you think its a sport or not. All of the Olympians work hard to get to where they are just like our softball ladies!! Get a grip people!!

Mar 13, 2010
It's also the fact they're not competing against each other. If you take curling out of the Olympics! softball won't end up in.

Now golf and tennis should be out. I will rant for hours on those two sports being in the Olympics over softball.

Dec 7, 2011
I take it as not necessarily this is an intentional "bash" of the other people in those sports. To me it's a method to further reveal & support the irrational outcomes of Olympic committee sport selection. So nobody needs to defend the people in these other sports and I would LOVE for somebody who has facts that might want to jump in and try and defend the attack of the Olympic committee sport selection process. Because I don't get it......

Dec 7, 2011
It's also the fact they're not competing against each other. .

How do you know this?

If there is no apparent rational basis for sports In/Out of Olympics (which I contend) then how can you say one sport is not competing with another?

So do you know the Olympic Committee sports selection process to validate your position?

Dec 7, 2011
All of the Olympians work hard to get to where they are just like our softball ladies!! Get a grip people!!

Who said the other sports players don't work hard?

I get pretty fed up with a part of the "numb" current American culture that invents a victim so that you can come out as defending this false victim so that you can appear “morally above” somebody else who might just be a bit opinionated.

Think before you automatically follow the above like a lemming.

(I am not just critiquing you AV or even you Lozza – I am more just critiquing this pretty standard behavior in our culture to attack anyone who might have a strong opinion)

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I just don't like bashing other sports whether you think its a sport or not. All of the Olympians work hard to get to where they are just like our softball ladies!! Get a grip people!!

I agree, except for the part about bashing other sports, that's just plain fun, nothing wrong with good old fashioned smacktalk as long as it has some tongue in cheek to it.

Can you, in good conscious, defend the existence of badminton, much less it's inclusion in the Olympics? how about Ping-Pong, excuse me, table tennis? Great for the garage but Olympics? I am sure there is a Jenga player out there somewhere that worked really hard to be the best, doesn't mean I put it on the same level as a snowboarder doing a 900 degree turn while flying 11 feet over the edge or a downhill racer.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Who said the other sports players don't work hard?

I get pretty fed up with a part of the "numb" current American culture that invents a victim so that you can come out as defending this false victim so that you can appear “morally above” somebody else who might just be a bit opinionated.

Think before you automatically follow the above like a lemming.

(I am not just critiquing you AV or even you Lozza – I am more just critiquing this pretty standard behavior in our culture to attack anyone who might have a strong opinion)

not attacking! Just saying I have heard bad things about softball so why criticize any sport....we are all...coaches and players...trying to be the best we can in our sport...ok?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl