Curling as an Olympic sport.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Biathlon anyone?
LL

I don't think I'd have the self control to not shoot at anyone ahead of me. Not to kill, maim, or anything really bad, just break a ski or pole or inflict a minor wound to slow them down a little.

That said, I'm now wondering about whether there's any additional security for VIPs/dignitaries attending this event?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
RHC,
Eric F said this was your high school curling team? Which one are you?
norway_curling.jpg

Try outs were really tough that year…that with all the injuries, the politics, and the upper class men resenting a freshman starting varsity, that was there year I made the tough decision to hang up the old broom, and take up the ukulele and start a garage band.
The-wiggles-pic.gif

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Ok now "lay on another man sledding" event is on tv. You can't tell me that didn't involve drunkedness at one point!
doubles-luge.jpg

"Knock it off Neil! You know there is no brake lever on the sled!" "That never gets old Bob!"

They are bringing it to the summer olympics:
2670179.jpg.CROP.promovar-medium2.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Not going down the road of Bashing other sports just cause I want the Ball and bat sports in. I'm sure all the sports are worth while and if I got into them like I'm into Softball they would be equally as cool and worth while. The real question is who the H#@ makes the decisions as to what is Olympic worthy. This year it seemed that they only pulled wrestling out of the Olympics just so they could reinstate it 9 months later and leave out the Balls and bats. If you want to screw up one of the worlds treasures just add politics. As a 1980 Olympian that could not compete because of Russia invading Afghanistan this crap really infuriates me. Japan should just have the ball and bat sports anyway, What would the IOC Be able to do?they are the Host nation and cant compete in their national pastime. How stupid is that.
Vent complete:mad:

I'd bet good money that the Ballet Skiing/ Ski Dancing will be back in the Winter Olympics before Softball makes it back into the Summer ones.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
RHC - I take it you're also not a fan of the clown car races (aka - "4-Man Bobsled").

It's slightly better then luge. At least they run and hop into the sled.

Some jumps on the course could make it more interesting.
7879329.jpg

Or maybe a 4 man sled cross.
Marielle+Thompson+Women+Freestyle+SkiCross+Pro5RXYuWJWl.jpg

Sep 18, 2011
Ok now "lay on another man sledding" event is on tv. You can't tell me that didn't involve drunkedness at one point!
doubles-luge.jpg

"Knock it off Neil! You know there is no brake lever on the sled!" "That never gets old Bob!"

They are bringing it to the summer olympics:
2670179.jpg.CROP.promovar-medium2.jpg

... Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl