Curling as an Olympic sport.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
My interest in this sport continues to grow...
SOCHI_OLYMPICS_CURLING_WOMEN_214327248-930x600.jpg

team-gb-usa-curling.jpg

Check out the British team ;)

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Can someone please post pictures of the teams from The Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, etc, preferably the female teams.

They may encourage further interest in the sport. Look at what pix of the Dutch field hockey team did for that sport!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Ok ok ok. The bar of boringness has been lifted. My estrogen filled househould has had olympic "ICE DANCING" on the tube for about 2 hours now. No, I am not making fun of figure skating and calling it ice dancing, it is an actual sport? called ice dancing. It is figure skating without the tricks! What is next? "Alpine flat land"....alpine downhill racing on flat ground for skiiers not good enough to go downhill.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Ok ok ok. The bar of boringness has been lifted. My estrogen filled househould has had olympic "ICE DANCING" on the tube for about 2 hours now. No, I am not making fun of figure skating and calling it ice dancing, it is an actual sport? called ice dancing. It is figure skating without the tricks! What is next? "Alpine flat land"....alpine downhill racing on flat ground for skiiers not good enough to go downhill.

I haven't watched ice dancing. Is it the equivalent to Ribbon Dancing in gymnastics?

On topic, I grew up watching curling on TV. I have always liked it.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Yet every year - bobsled/luge/skeleton...... blah!!!

But where is the logic on why some sport is in and others are out...?

Actually, it is every four years and every kid who lives or grew up in the real world :) can associate with these sports.

Jun 29, 2013
Bottom line: curling looks like a great drinking game. But its much of a sport as Darts. Sure, it takes skill, but anything the average person can do as good if not better while drinking is not a sport. JMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl