Creating Player Videos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
Looking for some information and/or websites that explain how to edit videos from SD card to create player videos. I've got videos on my camera but am relatively new to this. Right now I think the only video software I have is called moviemaker on windows 8.1.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Not for sure I understand what your after. I'm guessing you want to cut your clips down & give them to your ballplayers???

You'll need to download them off the card to a file on your computer first. MovieMaker can handle about anything you'll need.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
What I was told by coaches during a recruiting seminar last weekend about videos was the below.

Pitchers:
no more than 3 of each pitch but use dual angle (side and from behind) DO NOT USE SLOW MO when sending to college coaches because it highlights flaws
Batting: College coaches don't want a coach or dad laying them in there right down the plate so the player hits a Home run every time. They want to see live pitching.
Fielding: They want split scree dual angle so the can see the footwork and the throw.

They stressed no music, limit the editing (remove the wasted time in between plays but don't cut the throw off)

Intro should be Name, Graduating class, School, TB Team. Nothing about the fact that they like to knit or have a cat named fluffy.

Total video should be 2-4 minutes and they prefer a link to the video instead of a disk.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
We've been getting this question quite a bit. I will try to work on a basic video tutorial and show some of the options. Unfortunately, my favorite option isn't free, but less than $100 (Adobe Premier Elements).

Mar 24, 2014
Not for sure I understand what your after. I'm guessing you want to cut your clips down & give them to your ballplayers???

You'll need to download them off the card to a file on your computer first. MovieMaker can handle about anything you'll need.

Pretty much what I am looking for. I have a bunch of files from a tournament and need a step by step process on how to get the clips and insert them into a video and make it look presentable to send to coaches.

A few people recommended Movie Maker but others recommended software that had to be purchased. Either way I'll invest in some video software.

Mar 24, 2014
I was looking into getting a GoPro camera. Would this be something to include in a video as there is no zoom so might not be able to identify the player if in outfield and camera is behind home plate.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Pretty much what I am looking for. I have a bunch of files from a tournament and need a step by step process on how to get the clips and insert them into a video and make it look presentable to send to coaches.

A few people recommended Movie Maker but others recommended software that had to be purchased. Either way I'll invest in some video software.

Another way is to use You-Tubes editior... Workz Good. It cuts & joins, and gives you color/text enhancements.

Here is the slickest way to cut right from MediaPlayer... its an add-on.

MediaPlayer Add-On

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
This thread will be interesting to me. I just started a video production business for Skills Videos. There are 2 companies (although I think 1 of them isn't around anymore) in the local area, but they charge 400 for a video. You get 1 review edit, and 1 DVD. I've done many videos in the past, but all for free because the kids were on our team.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
We've been getting this question quite a bit. I will try to work on a basic video tutorial and show some of the options. Unfortunately, my favorite option isn't free, but less than $100 (Adobe Premier Elements).

Agreed....^^^^....Adobe Premier Elements for software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom