Contact after September 1st for Division I

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2014
I'm wondering about the contact after September 1st for Division I schools. I know with many girls, they know if a school is interested well before September 1st of their Junior year. But do some players learn of a school's interest after September 1st when they are contacted by school that they'd either emailed and/or who had attended an individual showcase that they went to?

We were at a showcase tournament over the weekend that was preceded by a clinic. My DD talked to some coaches at the clinic and one coach was very definitely interested, and others were receptive but didn't clearly indicate interest. Some she had emailed prior to the camp and she mentioned that she had emailed them, and they seemed to make a mental note and were friendly, but like I said, the interest wasn't clear. Then there was the tournament part, where I know they aren't allowed to talk to the players. A number of coaches were at her games - four specifically said they were there for her but some didn't indicate a specific player. She will email all of them to follow up but if they liked her, do you think we can expect to hear directly from the D1 schools after 9/1?

I'm just wondering - might she get contacted by some who have not yet clearly shown interest? How often does something like that happen? I heard one story on this forum where a DD changed their plans and they went to a winter showcase and got contacted a lot afterward. I guess not all coaches show their interest directly at the camp/showcase itself?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck