Complete Newb

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Well my dd pitches rec from 9-12. No lessons. No real practice. Just get out and throw.
2 Nd year 12 u was her first travel team and first year of lessons. She is first year 14u pitching For about 1.5 years serious and she is making great strides. This was not optimal. But it’s working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She did say that She would do it for fun on our time at the house. Maybe after her normal sessions, hitting, and fielding. Maybe it could be kind of like a side hobby for her lol. At the very least just learn how to throw underhand.

Nov 18, 2015
If she's still playing rec, I'd definitely suggest she try it out. Whether it's a long term thing or not, she'll never know unless she tries it. And it's hopefully the rare rec coach that would deny a girl the opportunity to pitch just b/c she can't devote a large % of her softball practice time to pitching.

"I have too many pitchers", said no 10U softball coach...ever. :)

Oct 4, 2018
This is her Journey, I'm just here to encourage her along the way and help the best I can. Never know, maybe she will one day. She's young only 8-9. Although I don't know how late is to late to get started in this pitching thing.

Hah. She might very well decide she wants to pitch on the way home from your next game after you lose due to a wild pitch. :D

My daughter started at 9 and is doing awesome. I'm sure plenty start later than that. I read on these boards that tons of great 10U pitchers are lousy 12U pitchers and some of the best 14U pitchers used to be outfielders (or whatever).

May 22, 2013
Have fun with it but get to studying the correct motion. YouTube people like Balswick, Rick Pauly, Hillhouse along with the good folks here they will show you the truth about pitching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl