College Majors?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
BB is going to be a teacher. She would also like to coach. I have tried several times to talk her out of it. She was given the honor of being one of the first, if not the first, student in the School of Education to receive her student teaching assignment. It is in a very good school district that has the possibility of expanding. BB will have to do her classroom observations in the Spring and then student teach next fall. We are very worried right now and are awaiting contact from her athletic adviser because her academic placement person has told her that she can not miss a single observation and yet, they are on the road for a few dates. When told that, the academic adviser said that it doesn't matter and that she can't miss. She told the adviser that she can't observe a class on a Thursday and then drive to Arizona. Oh, her minor is in psychology and so, she would like to pursue that more after graduating. She would like to coach but knows that in many districts, Elementary Teachers are not allowed to coach at the HS.

Thank you for sharing Cannonball. Hopefully common sense prevails in your DDs situation.

Mar 24, 2014
My DD is looking at majoring in special education and considering dual major (or minor) in some type of exercise science.

Jul 1, 2010
Thanks to all who have shared. DD has big dreams of college and softball. She's a 2018 and busy doing camps and showcases. She has the smarts (from Mom) and has shown the ability to play at a high level, but I just hope softball doesn't get in the way of a good education.

Oct 22, 2009
Mine graduated with a Criminal Justice degree.

She decided after graduation she wanted to teach and coach.

She teaches high school AP, History, Economics, Social Geography(?).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom