Coach or mom... both???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
One thing to consider, I watched a 9yo, pitch 12U, recently. She is big and didn't look younger - until you saw the lack of maturity. She may be better, in the long run, but the fear on her face was noticeable. I really felt sorry for her. Stress, is not good for a child.

Feb 7, 2013
Move her up! Plus it will be great to have her play with her sister and be coached by her mom. Enjoy it now, you might not get many of these opportunities in the future as they go their separate directions.

Jan 23, 2014
We were in this position a couple of years ago. My dd couldn't take another year of coach pitch with girls who have never played(neither could I:D). We moved her up,I had to coach due to lack of volunteers. She wasn't the smallest on the team, and was right in the middle as far as skill. She got a million times better that year. She wasn't ready to pitch that year(too nervous), but the next year she was ready to give it a try and she loves it. When you really like something,and the rest of the girls on your team could care less or are not able to perform, it gets really old, really fast. Move her up!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I had her practice with my 10U team yesterday and it went pretty well. She's my shy kid but I think toward the end (with big sisters help) she had forgotten that these girls were older. I tell ya the smile on her face when she made that hard throw to 2nd was proof enough for me. :)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Move her up. A little sister shadow is a good thing here. She will develop sooooo much faster. My youngest dd has played 10u fast, since she was 6. She turns 10 this summer. When on the field, she looks twice as old as her teammates in her experience and game smarts.