Caught stealing %--12U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
That includes the defense
1. Being there.
2. Catchng the ball.
3. Applying the tag.
Simply to be clear not just talking about the throw being there.
50% to 80% as a season stat.

Additionally
There are those games when no runner trys to steal :)

First year 12u bigger learning curve for all.
Would say good coaching at practices working often on real situations with pitchers and runners is super helpful.
Even essential!

Lets Throw Runners Out!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021
Can anybody else weigh-in on this?
Just fire me your CS% from Game Changer (or other statistics ap) and your age/level.
GC-Fielding-Catching-CS%
Thanks

We have a LEGIT SS that covers 2 on steal attempts. Just trying to benchmark a 12B catcher working toward 12A

Jun 8, 2016
12% and 7% for DD's two catchers on their 12B team...that should make you feel better. My kid plays SS a good portion of the time so some could be on her..no idea I don't watch.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Can anybody else weigh-in on this?
Just fire me your CS% from Game Changer (or other statistics ap) and your age/level.
GC-Fielding-Catching-CS%
Thanks

We have a LEGIT SS that covers 2 on steal attempts. Just trying to benchmark a 12B catcher working toward 12A
Have you simply timed her pop times yet?
That measure says a lot!

As to game changer stats
Good Luck with those

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is a false thing. 12U very few teams/players would try to steal against our C. Occasionally but the opposing player was really normally really good so it was iffy if we would get them out.

Jun 19, 2016
These is one of those things Game Changer needs to change for a "softball mode". You can look this up for pitchers but not catchers.

SB% varies from 90% to 78% on our pitchers. I think the speed of the pitcher or the pitches they throw has some to do with stolen base percentage.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
A stud 12U catcher can shut down the running game to the point that only the fastest players would even dare to steal. On the other hand, a 1st year 12U catcher may be throwing rainbows and almost everybody can take a base. Good catchers are very important for a team to succeed, specially at 12u. If every base hit or walk is becomes a double or triple (because there is no real threat to throw out runner), it is going to be a long day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying