Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Hopefully you can view this lesson. I thought it was pretty good. Thoughts?
I like the Idea of the ball roll thing, to get the player the feeling of staying in the glute through the heel and not losing it when the fall happens. Not sure if thats technically correct, but just what I took from it.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Hopefully you can view this lesson. I thought it was pretty good. Thoughts?

I like the fall into the legs element of the drill but putting the emphasis on the rear hip/leg to manage the staying back while landing prevents the hitter from leveraging the lead side... IOW's its forced frontal plane resistance.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Rough weekend. Lots of soft hits to the right side. What do you see here?

quick peek. Looks like she has homerunitus... swing gets big, casts a bit, opens her front hip early, gotta talk approach w her. Staying short and up the middle. not trying to do to much. Stuff like that.

looks like she’s swinging the front foot down. Or swinging before leveraged. hence the cast etc.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020
quick peek. Looks like she has homerunitus... swing gets big, casts a bit, opens her front hip early, gotta talk approach w her. Staying short and up the middle. not trying to do to much. Stuff like that.

looks like she’s swinging the front foot down. Or swinging before leveraged. hence the cast etc.
That's a good way of saying it. Does it also look like she is not finishing her uncoil and the bat just works under? Does she need to turn more or turn the back shoulder more?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying