Bucket Dad Pain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Didn't happen to me, thank God. DD was still in 12U and we signed up for a tournament in a county we had never played before. Our first game, 8:00am was against some corn fed mountain girls, Russian hockey team sized girls. DD is pitching, I'm sitting on a bucket calling pitches. Two outs and the #4 batter is at the plate, full count and it's obvious this girl can hit. We're probably at 10 pitches, this girl is fouling balls left and right, I called an inside CU and this girl absolutely turned on the ball and hit her third base coach square on the shin about 6" below the knee. I'm sitting on the 1st base side dugout perfectly lined up with the play, ever seen a missile track something? Guys, this man got hammered, the funny thing was my DD got a little wild on the next pitch and hit this girl in the ribs, hard ! As she's taking her base the the third base coach is screaming "how'd that feel, I hope it hurt" !! Found out after the game that was his DD that hit him, saw them 4 months later at the World Series in Spartanburg and he still had a bruised dent in his shin !

Feb 3, 2016
My 11yr old hit me with a dropball back in October. It killed my toe nail. It turned black! I had to see a foot doc to get it removed. Last week she caught me in the shin. Time to suit up!

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
My 11yr old hit me with a dropball back in October. It killed my toe nail. It turned black! I had to see a foot doc to get it removed. Last week she caught me in the shin. Time to suit up!

Ouch!!!! Sounds painful. I looked at my last post on this was 5 days ago. Still have a barely visible bruise on my ankle, and still sore lol

Welcome to the site, BTW.

Nov 18, 2013
Indiana
DD pitches so I have had it all. Face, head, shine, foot, toe, jewels...but last week I was pitching BP with a screen with a hole in to pitch through. Well...lets just say, the line shot from the girl that hit it was faster than me and it hit me straight on the wrist...thumb and two fingers went instantly numb. AC finished the BP.

Nov 3, 2012
I think she broke my freaking toe. I should have learned from last time. Took a 6O mph of my left big toe. The Nail went black and is swollen. Dohhh! I had my running shoes on and not tennis shoes with a solid toe box. Limping around work today. I think Ill wait a couple days before I invest in a Dr visit and X-ray. What can a Dr do for a broken toe anyway?

She has good control, but once in a while she throws that low inside one. You know the one you cant reach from a bucket. Im gearing up from now on. Still need to recruit one of the catchers for the team to come to practice. Will I ever learn.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think she broke my freaking toe. I should have learned from last time. Took a 6O mph of my left big toe. The Nail went black and is swollen. Dohhh! I had my running shoes on and not tennis shoes with a solid toe box. Limping around work today. I think Ill wait a couple days before I invest in a Dr visit and X-ray. What can a Dr do for a broken toe anyway?

She has good control, but once in a while she throws that low inside one. You know the one you cant reach from a bucket. Im gearing up from now on. Still need to recruit one of the catchers for the team to come to practice. Will I ever learn.

THE question is.............did she laugh? Hope it heals up soon Ss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13