Breaking in Period for Easton Ghost 2022 (Dud?)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2022
Th
We experienced the same thing. Once it opened up, it only comes out for games.
Thank you - the sound and MPH difference in the new bat compared to her old/favorite bat was starting to get in her head. She will be happy to know that the bat will likely come around. Thanks all - this is why I joined this site.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
People really need to stop listening to bats and hit :). This isnt meant towards you BD, but i have gotten
texts about sound because it doesnt sound like the 2020 and is it a dud because it doesnt sound like the other bat out of the wrapper. Just hit the bat! We need to stop going to hit trax with fresh bats or whatever other radars are
being used. I saw on FB some goof comparing a beat to crap 2020 ADV to a brand new in the wrapper and saying
there was no diff. Like, know your sh!t before posting videos on FB and misleading parents because he doesnt know
what he is doing...hahaha. Then it gets in the daughters heads because "numbers" arent as good right away.

So, as said on other threads...both 2022s had a slight change, so it requires some hits and the sound does change
like EricF said.

Btw, there is NO 2021 Ghost (except for the gold repaint ADV). Year is even in the model numbers

Mar 28, 2022
People really need to stop listening to bats and hit :). This isnt meant towards you BD, but i have gotten
texts about sound because it doesnt sound like the 2020 and is it a dud because it doesnt sound like the other bat out of the wrapper. Just hit the bat! We need to stop going to hit trax with fresh bats or whatever other radars are
being used. I saw on FB some goof comparing a beat to crap 2020 ADV to a brand new in the wrapper and saying
there was no diff. Like, know your sh!t before posting videos on FB and misleading parents because he doesnt know
what he is doing...hahaha. Then it gets in the daughters heads because "numbers" arent as good right away.

So, as said on other threads...both 2022s had a slight change, so it requires some hits and the sound does change
like EricF said.

Btw, there is NO 2021 Ghost (except for the gold repaint ADV). Year is even in the model numbe I am no following.
If the bat is performing as well, but simply sounds different, yes - get on with hitting and forget the sound. If I am spending $499 for a bat (more than previously), I am not ignoring a significant - electronically documented - drop in performance from that product. Nowhere else would I simply accept paying more for lesser performance. That is just not a realistic or successful strategy.

like EricF said.

Btw, there is NO 2021 Ghost (except for the gold repaint ADV). Year is even in the model numbers

Lol, I know what video you're referring to....some kind of guru alright. 😆 I quit watching it half way once I saw the 2020 was beat to crap. That reminds me he did one on the Hype...you should watch it. lol

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If the bat is performing as well, but simply sounds different, yes - get on with hitting and forget the sound. If I am spending $499 for a bat (more than previously), I am not ignoring a significant - electronically documented - drop in performance from that product. Nowhere else would I simply accept paying more for lesser performance. That is just not a realistic or successful strategy.
OK, and your using a new bat and worrying about sound. Thats my point. Hit the bat. Right away your assuming a dud out of the wrapper. And no way you should be spending 499 anyway...hahaha.
Just by your answer about cost, I can tell thats what ran thru your mind asap and I get it. You prob saw the numbers and right away started thinking about the cost and "darn this bat" right away and its a "dud".
Testing any out of the wrapper isnt very feasible and not a good idea for multiple reasons. No Ghost out
if the wrapper will compete with any broken in model Ghost and will just end up putting people in a bad state of mind.
Again, which is why I said, people need to put the lasers down and hit the bats first. Then worry about hit trax and
whatever else later. And I think its been written in here a few times that the 2022s need some swings first.

Again, as I said, this wasnt about you BD...this was in general about people running to radars right away and whatever else.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I haven't had anyone complain that the 2022 Ghost Advanced isn't hot. The key, as has been said before, is that they require more time to break in than the 2020 Advanced. Give it time. If you're still not happy with it after a month, and it's still in good shape, I'm sure you'll be able to sell it to someone else, especially if this supply chain crisis gets worse.

Sep 24, 2020
Lol, I know what video you're referring to....some kind of guru alright. 😆 I quit watching it half way once I saw the 2020 was beat to crap. That reminds me he did one on the Hype...you should watch it. lol
Did I miss something? I watched both his videos and thought that they were informative. I liked that he gets the girls opinions and their takes on the bat. I think that's the most important part. I actually bought the HYPE bat for my daughter based on that video, although I am still waiting for the dual stamped version to be sent to me. It could be all for nothing though. I bought my daughter the Meta X last year hoping to find the Easton Ghost replacement. She hit maybe 50 balls with it and said nope.

May 28, 2019
Meta is a good bat. Best? who knows... But its a very good bat.

50 swings is not enough. You need to judge a bat after 3 weeks of swings imo.

Sep 24, 2020
Meta is a good bat. Best? who knows... But its a very good bat.

50 swings is not enough. You need to judge a bat after 3 weeks of swings imo.
Trust me, I tried. She just won't hit with it. I was really hoping that she would like it more, and I could move on from the Ghost. She's cracked two in the last 6 months. Now the hope is on the Hype bat to see if it can replace the Ghost as her preferred bat.

May 20, 2015
bought both DDs a Mantra over a year ago.....DD2 liked it from the get, and DD1 reluctantly started to use it more and more early last summer......it has become her go to over her GA these days, and I bought another in -9 for her recently......that took a ton of swings for DD1 to become a fan

I also bought DD1 a 33 -9 PC (I got a good deal) to try out - it some got use as a practice bat, and she always complained that it didn't feel right......she told me yesterday that she's coming around to it (she hit 3-4 out during BP with it yesterday haha)

sometimes the bat needs swings, for sure......and sometime girls need swings with bats, too......it goes both ways

I'll betcha $1 I'm buying another power carbon for DD1 before this journey is done lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles