Batting slump - when did your DD's end?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
The flip side of this is when your DD gets hot, and stays hot. Wow, for example only, my DD is hitting .500 for almost a whole month.

Then something changes, and darn DD is hitting .300 for almost a whole month, when will this slump end?

The conclusion ... she is probably a .400 hitter.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Yeah... One of the HS varsity players had 4-5 grand-slam home-runs in the first 1/4 of the HS season, then she came back down to earth and hit more average and people wondered why she was in a "slump." What, did they think she was gonna hit 20 grand-slams?

Jun 17, 2014
interesting - I do think that part of this may be balancing out from a particularly outstanding early season. However the hits she gets lately are 'different' (not as strong, etc.) and I don't think she's hit more than a single in a few weeks when previously I would say about 50% of her hits were more than a single (doubles/triples/a few home runs). But even the singles now are few and far between. Good obp due to walks though thank goodness. We are getting an x ray of her back today. Big tourney this weekend. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Good obp due to walks though thank goodness.

Is she walking more than usual? Not saying this is a likely cause, but it's possible that she's taking too many pitches. As a result, she walks more, but also bats more often w/ 2 strikes, which means you're less often getting a good pitch to hit.

Best of luck this weekend. My daughter is very consistent. Consistent doesn't mean you're good, just means you don't have those ups and downs. So I don't have much experience here. She did have a 4-for-22 run one fall a few years back, then started the spring 0-for-8. But then hit well from that point on. She was working on some swing changes at the time. The daughter of one of my best friends just came out of an 0-for-20 skid but for the past two tournaments has returned to her pre-slump form. Slumps are fascinating, but I have no answer. I'm not good at handling a day of 1-for-8, so I'd be freaking out. Which is a silly thing to do. Rationally speaking, I believe the cream will rise to the top in the end.

Jun 17, 2014
DD's team didn't have such a good weekend (double elimination tournament and lost first two games! but DD herself did much better. Five plate appearances with 3 hits and two walks. One hit popped up really high and went to shallow outfield, had about 3 girls all going for it but none touched it (always comical when that happens). I was told it still counts as a hit since noone touched it (?). We'll take it I guess! The other two were legit hits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd