15 yo Myla's swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 21, 2022
My DD has been going to the same batting coach for the last 6 months or so, and had a pretty good season hitting with a couple of homers and a bunch of doubles. She seems to be improving, but I admittedly cannot tell anymore what she needs to work on. Can some of you all take a look and let me know thoughts?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p7oA3fdosqjpWYzW7 - Double to LF in recent game

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yKP2rq6N8yKaPG5A9 - - a few front toss swings from her batting coach

Hopefully the links work. Look forward to any feedback. TIA.

Ryan

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
As you said she learning.

The BP is close to doing a command drill without the underlying readiness.

IMB_UYK3GM.gif

She shows it the game swing as well. She waits until after release to go.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
As you said she learning.

The BP is close to doing a command drill without the underlying readiness.

View attachment 28418

She shows it the game swing as well. She waits until after release to go.
I think I like the new approach. Ready, ready, ready, go! Ready, ready, ready, no!
Might be better than the yes yes yes.
Shawn you may have contributed your best post ever.
Seriously, the next time your team or player hits in a cage off a reliable pitching machine

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think I like the new approach. Ready, ready, ready, go! Ready, ready, ready, no!
Might be better than the yes yes yes.
Shawn you may have contributed your best post ever.
Seriously, the next time your team or player hits in a cage off a reliable pitching machine

The trick is to not feel rushed, you have to learn how to let the stretch happen and swing from a good position. Don’t be a jumper, creating ball anxiety.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Her game swing is better than her front toss swing which is unusual.. She drops her hands and spins. Doesn't load pelvis and swings with her arms. So much left on the table. Like efastball said, post video from straight on and you will get more comments.

Sep 21, 2022
Her game swing is better than her front toss swing which is unusual.. She drops her hands and spins. Doesn't load pelvis and swings with her arms. So much left on the table. Like efastball said, post video from straight on and you will get more comments.
Thanks for the feedback.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don’t think looking at another angle is going to change anything. 🤷‍♂️

Hard to stretch with everything forward mentality, after release. Bat dips and the then rolls. That is a sine wave?, for those who have asked before. Can’t remember.

Edited, or was it just a big adjustment? Looks rushed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles