Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 2, 2019
Tennessee
Anybody have thoughts or actual use with the Demarini Spryte?
I‘ve got a few parents asking about new bats. 2 of my girls have the old CF8 and one has the CFX. They are wanting something similar to those. This is for an 8u girl that would probably keep the bat through 10u at least for 1 year. They want to stay away from LXT or Ghost for now.

May 16, 2016
If they want something like the CF8, then the current CF model in -11 is what they "want".

If they don't want to spend $380 on an 8u bat, then a used CFX, CFZen, CF9, CF8, etc.... in a -11.

Personally, if money is an issue, or the player is not ready for a -11, then I would skip the Spryte, and get a -13 Demarini Bustos. The bustos has the same pop, and is about half the price. Both my girls started with a Demarini Bustos, the Green one. And used that until we moved up to a CF8 -11.

The bustos has an aluminum barrel, with a composite handle, which reduced hand sting. A great starter bat for 8u.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Coresoftball20 is the unofficial bat supplier on Dfp.

Since you seem open and not looking for a specific brand, drop, etc., you might want to send him an I'M to,see if he has something laying around that will meet your needs.

Jun 19, 2016
Core has got some mizuno's that would probably be a good fit.

As far as the Demarini they generally work well for younger players because they have long barrels and are true to sticker weight. I think the Mizuno's fit in that same category.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd