Baseball or fastpitch catcher's mitt for Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It's amazing, I never had to take BP pills when she played SS, which btw was always her first love!
Watching my older daughter play catcher never bothers me, unless she does something stupid like allow a stolen base or a passed ball, or maybe when she strikes out. Come to think of it, she bothers me too.

But watching pitchers is the worst. The stress is undeniable. And watching on Game Changer is worse. I remember hearing that Pete Sampras' dad used to go for a run whenever his son played a big match. I might need to start doing that when she pitches or I might take a few years off my life.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Watching my older daughter play catcher never bothers me, unless she does something stupid like allow a stolen base or a passed ball, or maybe when she strikes out. Come to think of it, she bothers me too.

But watching pitchers is the worst. The stress is undeniable. And watching on Game Changer is worse. I remember hearing that Pete Sampras' dad used to go for a run whenever his son played a big match. I might need to start doing that when she pitches or I might take a few years off my life.
Yeah, the parents of little Sally out in RF have NO clue!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Having identical twin DD's running the battery is either pure joy or unmitigated hell. When they get to play anywhere else on the field my stress levels immediately return closer to normal. Having both a P and a C has saved me from a lot of body damage, being a bucket dad only occasionally when they were younger. They love practicing together and pushing each other to get better.

Jan 8, 2019
Was at a UCSB baseball game a couple of years ago at the same time the softball team was playing. (The stadiums are next to each other and you can see the softball game from the top of the baseball bleachers’ first base side. Met a man that was wearing a shirt from the opposing softball team, very friendly.

Me: “I’m guessing you already know, but the softball game is going on right now.”
Him: ”Yes, I know, but thank you.”
Me (confused, since baseball was playing against a different school): “Ummm….”
Him (immediately seeing/understanding my look): “My DD is pitching and I can’t stand to watch, and can’t even stand to be in the bleachers because I have to hear everyone’s remarks about the pitching.”

The baseball stadium was perfect for him, as he could walk to the top every once in a while to check on the score/inning, etc, but then could watch a ball game that caused him no stress. He said it was the best setup for college games he could ask for!

Jun 8, 2016
Was at a UCSB baseball game a couple of years ago at the same time the softball team was playing. (The stadiums are next to each other and you can see the softball game from the top of the baseball bleachers’ first base side. Met a man that was wearing a shirt from the opposing softball team, very friendly.

Me: “I’m guessing you already know, but the softball game is going on right now.”
Him: ”Yes, I know, but thank you.”
Me (confused, since baseball was playing against a different school): “Ummm….”
Him (immediately seeing/understanding my look): “My DD is pitching and I can’t stand to watch, and can’t even stand to be in the bleachers because I have to hear everyone’s remarks about the pitching.”

The baseball stadium was perfect for him, as he could walk to the top every once in a while to check on the score/inning, etc, but then could watch a ball game that caused him no stress. He said it was the best setup for college games he could ask for!
That guy is me except my kid doesn’t even pitch. Copenhagen used to help but I could stuff a whole tin in my mouth now and it wouldn’t help..I sit in the car or (wherever I am) and try to ignore the game but ultimately I always end up checking GC..

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma