Catcher's mitt for dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I use an Under Armour fastpitch mitt. It fits my hand but has very little thumb protection. My hand is pretty sore after catching a bullpen.

May 16, 2016
The Rawlings Liberty has the biggest hand/finger stalls of all the fastpitch mitts

Truth. The Rawlings Liberty Advanced fit my hands well. Before, I had been using a Marucci mitt, and while it worked, it always felt a bit small., After trying a few Liberty Advanced on in the store, but not liking the White they had in stock, I took the plunge and ordered a Rawlings custom mitt.

Be aware, Rawlings come in two different hand stall sizes... If you are trying on in the store, make sure you are trying the "standard" 7 to 7.5", and not a smaller youth fit.

1624910626181.png

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Rawlings Liberty.

I went with a Rawlings champion fastpitch mitt for my bucket duty. Served me well(never really needed it for the 53MPH). Leather palm. Quick easy break in. Hand stall was big enough. Liked the pull straps, no velcro. My son used it after me for his catching duties in 12u. Now my 11u DD is using it. Best part was I paid like $35. Couldnt find one for sale currently. Looks like the $100 Rawlings Liberty is the same pattern. More than I paid but you'll get your money out of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles