ASA holding new event w/ $6k entry fee and prize money

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I think the introduction of money at this level could be good and bad. But at the end of the day the teams invited to this tournament already have rosters valued over $1 Million any way. Most of these teams have 14+ girls heading to top D1 programs on scholarships so isn't this game already about money? Aren't college athletes working towards getting paid (in money sports)? When I was a kid I got a burger, fries and drink for winning my LL game and nothing if I lost, I wonder if my amateur status is gone?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
And what do you call throwing an absurd amount of money into playing this game in the hope of getting a payoff in the form of a college education? And that goes directly to the player. This ridiculous event is at least paying back to the organization. Not the players or coaches or parents, but the softball organization.

Funny how people see things differently

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
And what do you call throwing an absurd amount of money into playing this game in the hope of getting a payoff in the form of a college education? And that goes directly to the player. This ridiculous event is at least paying back to the organization. Not the players or coaches or parents, but the softball organization.

If a college scholarship is the overriding reason for the investment I would call it extremely misguided.

Mar 26, 2013

Your view is hysterical. LMAO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom