Arm extension after POC

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Hanson Principle:
"always compare anything anyone says about hitting to slow motion video of the best in the world"

Kent.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
The barrel is 'turned foward towards the ball':
a0jadd.gif

I don't see the knob being 'pulled through the zone'. JMHO.

Bustos is Pushing the knob, pulling the barrel.;) If Braun had a bat in his hand what would this be?
Braun-Ryan-Top-Hand-Demo-Loop-S.gif
Besides direction. how about Manny?
mannytolagfiregif-M.gif

What i am looking at is when the V widens with the hands still being extended, before 'release/fire

To me its seems to an "adjustment" area. And increasing wrist extension zone.

in that first clip, his bat is turning due to his body rotation, almost exclusively, and i wonder if further along in the clip, his vee widens before release?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Max wrist extension maxwrstvee2im83h2-0.00.00.60.jpg Is all the way to max wrist extension part of Fives "around"?

Someone saw the Puhols clip, and did not quite get what he was saying. If they would apply something like this drill Rdbass, to keeping in the 'direction/ around part of the swing it might be effective.

Last edited:

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket

Not what I'm trying to describe. Pulling the bat across the body. I do like how mann says pushing the knob, pulling the bat. I can feel it different ways. I can muscle up and push the bat, push with the top hand through extension. But it doesn't feel near as fast as if I let the bat do the a work, pulling the bat around the corner and let it whip through extension, if that makes any sense.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Not what I'm trying to describe. Pulling the bat across the body. I do like how mann says pushing the knob, pulling the bat. I can feel it different ways. I can muscle up and push the bat, push with the top hand through extension. But it doesn't feel near as fast as if I let the bat do the a work, pulling the bat around the corner and let it whip through extension, if that makes any sense.

Bold above now I understand and agree. Some may also say that:
unhinges into/through impact ...
14uuibt.gif

'Pulling the arms to extension' or the arms pulling the barrel to extension:
2ilep6o.gif

2lx6xq8.gif

Last edited:
May 20, 2015
Bold above now I understand and agree. Some my also say that:
unhinges into/through impact ...
14uuibt.gif

'Pulling the arms to extension' or the arms pulling the barrel to extension:
2ilep6o.gif

2lx6xq8.gif

Neither.
Figure that part out and your half way there.

I've said too much.

Why do I do this to myself.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
With a Heavy Bat, things feel very different than with a Light Bat.

Extension is much easier with a Heavy bat.

End loaded Lighter bats help, and most of my power hitters use the insane, while some that use the insane struggle with long arms, to soon.
2ilep6o.gif

to be clear, at the beginning of this gif, is this your idea of the "release".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl