Anybody feel dumb when reading hitting/pitching forums?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I feel like I need a Pitching for Dummies or Hitting for Dummies book. As I view the gifs/movies, I try as hard as I can to visualize what everyone is talking about. But nope, nada. I give up. Luckily my dd is smarter than me. :)

Am I alone? LOL.

Mar 31, 2014
Used to feel the same way until I really started paying attention to my daughters pitching coach. I played baseball for 18 years so I do understand batting a little better.

Jun 24, 2013
When posters post videos I look at them and see what I think before reading the responses. My typical reaction is how the heck did you even notice that when I look at the video again.

mike s

Pitcher's Dad
Jul 18, 2011
Northern IL
Keep reading and watching. I used to feel very lost reading some of the posts on here. It will take time, took me more than a year to start to get some of the points, and I am still learning. Do not be afraid to ask for clarification, just don't ask what turn the barrel means, LOL. I have figured out that turn the barrel does not mean put it on a lathe or twist the bat in your hands.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Hmmm. Maybe I could put together a Pitching For Dummies book. I guess, I can't use that title.

Hint - some people tend to make pitching more difficult than it needs to be.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Some like to post showing how techinical they can make it. I just chuckle when I work with a 10 year old student and think about some of the stuff you read on here. You wonder how they come across during a lesson. I have had to tone it down with high school kids who say I'm talking over their heads. Amy is right in her post. KISS method works in most cases working with young kids.

Kind of like a good hitter coach stated to me. " Do I need to know how to build a plane to fly the plane"?

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It's not that your dumb it's just that you have a life. I have no life so to speak. I can spend hours and hours reading and re-reading to try and learn about hitting. Dumb is after all the hours I spend reading and re-reading I still have questions. So who is the dummy and who is smarter? After my DD is finished with softball I will go get a life.

Oct 10, 2011
It's not just you. Sometimes my brain hurts after being on here. I have to reread everything about 10 times to get it and then I try to apply it.

Nov 1, 2008
I hear you on the no life part. A friend posted on twitter about being able to spend more time with his girls since he was hurt and couldn't ride motocross anymore. I wanted to tell him I'd throw a couple softballs in his yard when I drive by and he'll be too old to ride a dirt bike by the time he's done with softball lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gcsurfer