Another year. Evie is 11.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
No games for about another month, but she has been lucky to get some live at bat experience her last two Saturday practices, vs some quality older arms.

Her hard work is paying off. Obviously lots to continue work on, but her confidence is growing.

Looking good! Nice facility. Lucky to face some live pitching for practice.

Dec 12, 2020
Looking good! Nice facility. Lucky to face some live pitching for practice.
It is a pretty nice place. We are an independent team and we get the crumbs, late Saturdays for two hours, but we love it. It's empty, it has the area you see with drop down cages, another full infield, and maybe 10 dedicated cages. Head coach is a king at networking and somehow convinces many of the local higher profile travel team pitchers to toss to us.

Feb 25, 2020
It is a pretty nice place. We are an independent team and we get the crumbs, late Saturdays for two hours, but we love it. It's empty, it has the area you see with drop down cages, another full infield, and maybe 10 dedicated cages. Head coach is a king at networking and somehow convinces many of the local higher profile travel team pitchers to toss to us.

Very cool. She looks pretty good there against a pretty good pitcher(pretty good like that facility is "pretty nice" haha). I enjoyed watching the other two batters and pitchers as well. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Dec 12, 2020
Very cool. She looks pretty good there against a pretty good pitcher(pretty good like that facility is "pretty nice" haha). I enjoyed watching the other two batters and pitchers as well. Hope you guys enjoy it!
The 2nd batter is her little sister! She's a bit more timid, hasn't worked too much ...yet. She'll make an appearance here soon enough lol.

Feb 25, 2020
The 2nd batter is her little sister! She's a bit more timid, hasn't worked too much ...yet. She'll make an appearance here soon enough lol.

You know what. I was gonna say she looks kind of similar Evie months ago haha! That pitcher is throwing some cheese which compounds things for the hitter as well. Good stuff all around.

Oct 2, 2017
Nice, even if you call that crumbs LOL Keep up the good work! Hopefully it carries over well to live games.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Yeah it was cool seeing how the other players were doing.

Dec 12, 2020
Tomorrow evening we get the opportunity to see live pitching again. I'm super excited...she's actually kinda too. Fear is quickly beginning to fade. Had a team practice yesterday and she hit well, won a good 'ol subjective front toss contest. Timing continues to be a struggle, as well as the confidence to "catch" a pitch instead of going to get it, but she's feeling good about herself. Three weeks out from her 1st tourney.

Dec 12, 2020
1st tourney tomorrow! Looking forward to their 1st games at 12u.

In the meantime, my little guy had his 1st 8u tourney last weekend. His team is finally starting to get fun to watch, i.e. they are beginning to actually end innings defensively

Gonna interrupt my reg scheduled programming; here are a couple of his swings; he had a little success and a LOT of fun.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
1st tourney tomorrow! Looking forward to their 1st games at 12u.

In the meantime, my little guy had his 1st 8u tourney last weekend. His team is finally starting to get fun to watch, i.e. they are beginning to actually end innings defensively

Gonna interrupt my reg scheduled programming; here are a couple of his swings; he had a little success and a LOT of fun.

Looks good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles