Alex Hugo is a beast!!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Hugo HR Georgia vs Alabama 05/09/2014

hugo_hr_alabama_zpsf613289c.gif

Feb 22, 2013
As an armchair pitch caller, I didn't like the pitching sequence, curve ball = strike one, curve ball = strike two, curve ball = home run.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Another thing in Hugo's swing - She doesn't get full extension on her left arm after contact. But she turns the barrel beautifully. There's too much fretting about not achieving ''good'' extension, IMO.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Announcers kept saying that Georgia's hitters are taught to clear the hips early. What do y'all make of that? Many have open stances. I never associated that with a strategy to clear hips early. Hugo's stance is open, but she closes quickly and coils forward. Wonder what those more knowledgeable than I think of that.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Announcers kept saying that Georgia's hitters are taught to clear the hips early. What do y'all make of that? Many have open stances. I never associated that with a strategy to clear hips early. Hugo's stance is open, but she closes quickly and coils forward. Wonder what those more knowledgeable than I think of that.

I make it as announcer talk to sound bright. I wouldn't think they "teach" their hitters a whole lot. Tweek, maybe, but teach/change, I doubt it.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
That's what I figured. The implication was that Georgia has a different philosophy than some other teams, or puts more emphasis on clearing the hips. Certain teams do have different styles, but I don't suspect that Georgia's hips are cleared any more or better than anybody else's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44