Alex Hugo is a beast!!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2012
Being from her hometown, and having had the pleasure of watching her play on our TB club's gold team....last night's game was vintage Hugo. She is the most intense, gifted athlete I've ever met, and has an innate ability to will herself to do nearly anything. She is not infallible, and actually quiet and even shy off the field, but once she crosses the chalk line, her intensity and God-given talents are remarkable.

As an aside, it's unbelievable to me that Alabama pitched to her in that situation with a base open.... Throughout the entire at bat I kept telling DD that it was crazy for them to pitch to her in that situation. Hugo lives for rare opportunities just like that one.....

A super regional will go through Athens this year....

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
alexhugo_zps4cf70c0c.gif

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina

Imagine what she'd do if she learned to swing down and through. :)

The addition of Hugo and the progress of Wilkinson, both sophomores, have put UGA back in contention for a CWS after a really down season in 2013. Both made big jumps in their game. Always interesting to see how some college players really improve and others don't. Many even go in reverse. Glasco has had the sophomore jinx after being freshman of the year. I loved her swing and thought it was more like a MLB swing and that she could be the beast that Hugo is. But Hugo maybe had (has) more athleticism and upside.

I don't think that Georgia has any seniors, so if Wilkinson can take another step forward next season, the future looks pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44