Advice on softball uniform

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2011
I am about to order uniforms for our all star team. My husband wants me to get pants, but my daughter thinks they will be too hot and wants shorts. I've been told you can get some made of thinner material. (My husband thinks the pants are a better and tougher "look") Any input?

Oct 25, 2009
I don't see any college teams wearing shorts these days. Never have seen baseball players wearing shorts.

I like the extra protection against abrasions.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I never wore a pair of pants in the 40 years that I have been in the game. I thought that DD should wear shorts "like I did." Ha. Pants are better. Get black and make certain that they are for girls. Oh, DD says that they are not hot and we are in AZ.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Pants. They look better, protect the legs better when sliding, and all the girls I know that play TB think shorts are for teams that are not serious. I've never heard anybody complain about pants being too hot. My DD has complained about wearing the black shirt, but never the pants. Don't know what kind of thinner material you've heard about, but the standard pants are fine. If you play a lot of games, the thicker material will last longer.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Our girls voted for pants only this year. They may of wore their shorts once last year...and it was their decision each tournament. They would rather wash pants at night than wear their shorts.

Agree with Amy though...make sure they are for females! We did that one year too and had to send everything back. Who knew?

Mar 13, 2010
Ask the girls. I play in shorts and have for 10 years but there's nothing wrong with pants. I quite enjoyed wearing them.

Apr 1, 2010
From what I've heard, the knee pads for sliding are much more hot and uncomfortable than simply wearing pants. The pendulum has definitely swung away from wearing shorts among competitive teams. You do still see a lot of rec teams wearing them. Ditto what FPMark says, the girls have the perception that a serious team wears pants.

Now what my DD and several of her teammates were doing this weekend during their long hot break between pool and bracket was taking off their pants and walking around in their slider shorts. I'm still not sure I'm really completely comfortable with that, but they won, so it may be the new "must-do" lucky thing... ;-)

Oct 1, 2010
Marietta, GA
I agree with the sentiment to get pants. I don't have a stake in any particular company, but the girls that play for me clearly prefer Mizuno low-rise pants to most other brands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG