2024 Monsta Fulcrum

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2023
I purchased my daughter a Monsta Hype directly from the website last year and paid $150 for a NIW nonreturnable -10 drop. It took a long time to break this bat in, but it got hotter the more it was used. Then, it went dead out of nowhere. We couldn't figure out what happened until I read there's an inner barrel that also needs to be broken in. So, we kept swinging it and it got even hotter the second time around. This bats hits lasers and bomb shots if you catch in on the sweetspot. However, the sweetspot is very small and the balls don't respond well off mishits. It actually performed better in cold weather and haven't had any cracks. I can't say anything about the owner or Monsta customer service since I have not dealt with either. I can say I was impressed with the performance of this bat when hit on the screws and not a bad pickup for $150. Heard the Fulcrum is similar to the Hype.

Feb 20, 2024
Nebraska
Ok, I have actually talked to Carl numerous times as we tried to deal with him...I
cant stand the guy and his business.
He is a arrogant tool and couldnt care less about his customers. He is all about money. Doesnt care about service,
delivery of product, NOTHING. He treats his customers like dirt.
He hasnt made a fp bat yet that wasnt lackluster and it aggravates him. He was hoping he would just
slap his sp tech in a fp bat and people would swoon and kizz his azz like they do in sp. He didnt
realize there isnt enough slowpitch dads that would just buy his crap because it says Monsta
on it.

BUT his slowpitch USA/ASA bats are very quality. The beer league comments have nothing to do with
the large number of guys that play good ball and his bats perform in that section.\

Would I ever buy a bat from him...no way in heck.

Agreed on Monsta slowpitch bats. Back when I was playing competitively and we had to keep it in the park, I would specifically use a Torch. You can hit absolute gap-to-gap lasers with those things. Need a homerun, probably switch to something a little more unforgiving. But hey, it's being lobbed in there so how hard is it to screws-on barrel it? I've snapped a few of them as well, but that's common in slowpitch.

Definitely wouldn't purchase one for fastpitch. Although, to be honest, I haven't had any direct experience with them. Just the stories I hear at tournaments.

Jan 10, 2018
My daughter has had several, Torches and Fulcrums, and only one needed replacement. Umps didn't like the sound, never heard of FIB.
Never an issue with them otherwise (using them in the northeast). Their trade up policy is awesome and bats have exceeded our expectations.
My only complain would be speed of delivery as folks have noted (if bats are not in stock. Otherwise she just bought herself a new '25 Fulcrum and can't wait to break it in.
Not sure why all the hate on them. Surely those with a 5 swing broken Ghost can't be talking.
YMMV.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My daughter has had several, Torches and Fulcrums, and only one needed replacement. Umps didn't like the sound, never heard of FIB.
Never an issue with them otherwise (using them in the northeast). Their trade up policy is awesome and bats have exceeded our expectations.
My only complain would be speed of delivery as folks have noted (if bats are not in stock. Otherwise she just bought herself a new '25 Fulcrum and can't wait to break it in.
Not sure why all the hate on them. Surely those with a 5 swing broken Ghost can't be talking.
YMMV.
Im sure paying somebody for a bat and waiting 6 months to a year and being ignored have every reason to talk. Or being denied a claim
because the owner tried to say you hit balls that he doesnt like.
If you have ever talked to the owner (and not kissing his feet convo like his whole page does to him), I mean actually have an issue,
you would understand the hate for the company.
And im sorry, it is widely known the bats feel cheap and not what his slowpitch bats are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigdawg4454