Alliance changed the age cut off to September 1st?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 22, 2023
Years ago our Rec league used to use the school cut off dates, but we changed it to align with ASA/USA Softball. It made it easier for Allstars when the kids were playing in the correct age divisions during the Rec season. I am no longer involved, but I wonder what they are doing?
In our area the rec leagues are doing a mix, which led to a mess this past year when one league forgot (or perhaps "forgot") what we all agreed to for the interleague all-star tournament.

I know it's impossible, but is it too much to ask that the big governing bodies just settle on something and stick with it so the rest of us can follow suit?

Jun 19, 2016
I think a specific example will help. Without this change approximately 1/4 of the 2027 class would be playing 18U and 3/4 playing 16. If a college coach is looking for 2027 they want to see as many of them as they can at one place. If PGF stays stubborn I doubt much will change because the best teams are still going to want to play for PGF championships but there really needs to be one concensus.

Jun 29, 2023
I'm one that hasn't cared about this at all. I still don't but... I think my daughter's team is still hoping to get a local September birthday girl who is everyone's same grade and pulling out of PGF tournaments.

Jan 20, 2023
Do not see how it is simpler. Season starts Sept 1. Age when season starts seems simpler.

I’m not using this to justify it- I’m all for the change. But from a coding perspective it’s easier off one independent variable. If x=09, then 14u. Is it much harder to do it the other way- nope. But it’s the one very small positive I can think of that applies to Jan 1.

It was a bit of a sarcastic comment from a Dec mom.

May 17, 2023
Texas USSSA posted on Facebook th a t the national committee is meeting to consider the change.

Interesting part of that post is the three options: 1. Leave the same 2. Switch to Sept 1 cutoff next season 3. Switch to Sept 1 cutoff in January

That last option could be a mess. In season transfers are becoming too frequent already without changing age cutoffs.......

Feb 3, 2023
Interesting part of that post is the three options: 1. Leave the same 2. Switch to Sept 1 cutoff next season 3. Switch to Sept 1 cutoff in January

That last option could be a mess. In season transfers are becoming too frequent already without changing age cutoffs.......

Triple Crown is switching for all 2025 events.

Which is option 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coachtomri