1st Travel Tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2020
which genereally mean 7 AM warmups.. . . which mean leaving before roosters have crowed :(

tips: good chairs, popup, wagon, cooler that fits in wagon, twice as much drinks as you estimate, drug dealer baggie full of whites, blues, reds (acetaminophen, naproxen, ibuprofen), and of course you're not really a softball dad without either ballcap or bucket hat.
Countless ball and bucket hats, and yes, 7am is the warmup.

Nov 4, 2015
tent can be a pain in the butt, but most of the time, other parents will help with it. Heck, i've had them go get it from the truck. I don't generally sit up under it a lot, but my wife likes it. When it is hot, a portable battery powered fan is helpful.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My two dd's and I are hitting the road today for our first actual travel experience and we are incredibly stoked. We are lucky to play in plenty of tournaments against what I consider quality opponents here at home, but we've had this day circled all season, and are looking forward to an 8am game time tomorrow!

Nothing really to add, just excited.

What is everyone's likes/dislikes about traveling? Any tips for a noob?
HURRAY 🥳 ENJOY

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Dislikes: Saturday schedule-9 AM game and next game at 7 PM. Especially when you're in the middle of nowhere and coach wants them to "rest" and not go do any of the fun stuff available (e.g., swim in the hotel pool, etc...).

Feb 5, 2019
What city are you going to? Ever been there before? I always like looking up Food Network places and try them out. It's a great time for my DD and I to bond. Its just me and her and I really like it.

The softball aspect is the same. It's just different teams and field. It's nice to not have to play the same teams every tournament.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Nutrition and Water is THE most important thing to focus for you and your DD.

Load up the vehicle with more than you will ever think you need and you will still find out you are missing something. I am no longer on the travel circuit, but had my first guy's golf trip in more than 10 years. This applies to softball too. I made sure to pack my truck with 2 coolers, food, snacks (on course nutrition), beer, Weller, ibuprofren, sunsreen(lotion NOT spray)CBD oil, extra clothes, 4 pairs of golf shoes (had a shoe blowout on the course-fixed with athletic tape), extra socks, Alps Mountaineering chair, Poker table and chips, Pita chips that go with the Jalapeno Artichoke dip from Costco along with the chicken salad that goes on both bread and pita chips. If you are staying in a hotel, always bring your own pillow and use a different colored pillow case or you will forget it.

Oct 4, 2018
What city are you going to? Ever been there before? I always like looking up Food Network places and try them out. It's a great time for my DD and I to bond. Its just me and her and I really like it.

The softball aspect is the same. It's just different teams and field. It's nice to not have to play the same teams every tournament.

I've used this site (Food Networks' 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives') countless times to provide us with fabulous meals that I'd never had found otherwise:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12