12U DD Update--Need some new eyes/suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Tyler.gif

We have been doing this drill for some time. And although I do know what it is trying to accomplish, I think it may be causing her to put too much weight on her rear leg, which is not what we want.

Although, I don't think she is loading like he does in the drill. I'm thinking a slight wedge under her rear foot might help her with the feeling.

"My weight is on my rear leg, as I start swinging, my weight shifts to my lead leg at the time of contact." - Babe Ruth

Swing hitting depends entirely on balance and timing. Note that my weight is on my left foot. As I start swinging my weight shifts to my right foot at the time of contact with the ball. The force of the swing makes a perfect follow through.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Gophert

You want the weight on the back foot to start, like Babe said. You have to drive off the back foot. To achieve this the batter has to bend their back knee and push off. The BB player in the gif is doing just that. If the student isnt getting off their back foot they are keepIng the rear leg straight or squishing.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Quick story ...

A team I work with was having a car wash today. During a dry spell, with no cars to wash, the ladies took wet towels, spun them up, and starting whipping each other. I stopped them .... and explained the lead arm action. I showed them how the upper lead arm ... from the shoulder to the elbow ... points back to the target they are trying to whip, and how the forearm snaps/releases against that. I also gave a frisbee throwing analogy. I explained how the lead arm action also works to zero in on their target and be more precise. And with that the girls went back to whipping one another, but with much greater precision. Fortunately cars rolled in before anyone got hurt.[/QUOTe
I bet this team hits the crap out of the ball with all your wisdom that you are spreading.
What age group?

SL

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl