10u Catcher's mitt recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2024
My daughter has been playing softball for 3 seasons, and she has really taken a liking to catching. She's going into 10u for fall ball and I want to get her a mitt.

Shes been using her fielding glove, but the girls are going to be pitching faster, so I want to make sure she has enough padding.

I've seen plenty of recommendations here for the Vinci fortus (this is where I'm leaning), Rawlings shutout, and the Mizuno prospect. What are your guys experiences?

My daughter is tall (5'1") for a 10 year old, but the normal adult mitts didn't fit, so I think she still needs a youth glove. Thanks in advance!

Jul 1, 2022
My daughter uses this and it's been really good.

She's a tiny 8u player and the glove is still way to big for her but the glove is sturdy and the ball sticks into the glove really well.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Jun 10, 2024
My daughter uses this and it's been really good.

She's a tiny 8u player and the glove is still way to big for her but the glove is sturdy and the ball sticks into the glove really well.

That looks super nice. Just a little rich for my blood at this point. Maybe if she gets more serious and plays some travel ball. I appreciate the response and recommendation though.

Jul 1, 2022
No worries, can't go wrong with Vinci Fortus.

If she doesn't like the all black on the vinci, I've also heard good things about buckler.

Jun 10, 2024
I ended up going with the Vinci, and I am super impressed. It is a very well made and sturdy glove. Having never had a "legit" new glove myself, I was not prepared for how stiff it was going to be hahaha. I've been breaking it in (per the Vinci's websites instructions) and it is coming along nicely. Tha KS again for the guidance!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach