Mitt conditioner and cleaner recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
I have a blue vinci jcv34 and my dd has a
Monica Abbott a2000 that's white and red.
I'm looking for glove cleaner i can use on both mitts. The white on her glove isn't really white anymore. I want something that will not alter the colors and bring back the original color.
Also in the market for a conditioner for the mitts. I've heard of lanolin and some other stuff but want to make sure I do this right.
I have an older worth catchers mitt I used hot glove treatment on it way before I knew better. But the hot glove treatment made the glove soft but pretty comfortable. I don't want to bake my gloves but I want them conditioned well. Also how often should I condition them? Thanks.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@lostcreek1 is right, all the cool kids are using Ball Players Balm now, it's pricy but it's good!

An absolute must buy is Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP Beeswax to treat the inside palm liner!

**Cleaner**
Lexol....It's cheap, it works great, and you can find it at Walmart, Advance, and Auto Zone, definitely a better buy than Ball Players Balm.

**Conditioners**
Lexol.
Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend.
Groit's Garage.
Wilson Pro Stock.
Sarna.
Mizuno Strong Oil.
And of course the already mentioned Ball Players Balm!

Wouldn't hesitate to use any of the products listed above!

@CoreSoftball20, is this too much useless information spewed out here on my part??

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
@lostcreek1 is right, all the cool kids are using Ball Players Balm now, it's pricy but it's good!

An absolute must buy is Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP Beeswax to treat the inside palm liner!

**Cleaner**
Lexol....It's cheap, it works great, and you can find it at Walmart, Advance, and Auto Zone, definitely a better buy than Ball Players Balm.

**Conditioners**
Lexol.
Groit's Garage.
Wilson Pro Stock.
Sarna.
Mizuno Strong Oil.

@CoreSoftball20, is this too much useless information spewed out here on my part??
I stopped at the first sentence and went to the last :D

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY

**Cleaner**

**Conditioners**
Lexol.
Groit's Garage.
Wilson Pro Stock.
Sarna.
Mizuno Strong Oil.

I would add Nokona conditioner to that list. You can get it for $9.99 a tube, and that will last a long time.

I also use Ball Player's Balm cleaner and conditioner. You can get them with the cleaning brush for under $30. One thing about white leather is that it will not come anywhere close to its original color. Once it gets dirty, it stays discolored, and no amount of scrubbing will bring it back short of using bleach, which no one should ever do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee