'04 Anderson RockeTech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2011
Hi everyone!
My coach has an 04 Rocketech that she offered to bring to our final few HS games. I'm currently using a Mizuno Frenzy 3.0 (sometimes a CF4) that I adore. I was wondering how the RT felt to swing, if it was end-loaded, and how heavy a 32" was. Is it also legal? How does it compare to a CF4 or a Frenzy?

Oct 25, 2009
The '04 RT is a great bat but if you are doing well with the Frenzy or the CF4 it's not worth the difference (if any). Now if you were considering the Xeno, maybe. Either one you choose, don't use it in an important game until you practice with it.

The 32" 04 RT is is 23 oz if I remember (it's in the trunk). It does have an end-loaded feel and it does have great pop unless you are really strong. It pops better with medium to strong swings--less so with really strong swings. Of course, really strong swings take care of themselves. The Xeno works weak or really strong.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, it is legal. She should have brought it all year. It weighs 23 ounces and is end loaded. It is a completely different bat than a Frenzy or a CF4.

Now, there are some things that could be wrong with it. It might not pass a ring test (it might have flat spots) or the pins could be missing out of the end cap. Those are the things you should look for in an '04 RT.

May 17, 2011
Thanks guys, I was planning to test it out during our fundraiser game today, which was cancelled due to rain ... I'll try it at practice tomorrow. Thanks :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd