Question: 2021 CF Zen -11 vs Prism+ -11 vs LXT -11

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Thanks everybody for the input. My bad for not providing a bit more background to the situation.

My daughter turns 15 in September and is 5’7” (17” across her shoulders) BUT she is not the strongest girl out there.

She is a catcher playing 16B travel and this is really only her 3rd full season playing.

When she started playing she went straight into a 32” bat given her height but because her mechanics were pretty raw she found a light static weight, light swingweight (i.e. balanced 32 drop 12 LXT) bat much easier to control and to hit solidly more often.

Her hitting coach recommended last fall that she move to a 33” bat but she struggled with the extra weight so Instead of going back to the 32” and using a drop 10 or drop 11 we tried the 33” drop 12 Spryte which she loves because it gives her complete control of the bat through the hitting zone especially in the late parts of games when she is tired after catching 5 or 6 innings.

now that she is getting stronger and her mechanics are improving we want to get her into something a little heavier to allow for a bit more power and so want to get her something to start getting comfortable with.
At 5’ 7” she should definitely be swinging a 33” bat. I would go LXT drop 11 or Demarini CF drop 10 or Prism Plus drop 11.
I have a bat you may want to consider. Worth Legit 33” drop 12.5. 2016 model kind of rare due to Rawlings taking over Fastpitch bats from Miken during that time.
It is a one piece bat so if you don’t square-it up on the barrel it will vibrate and let you know it was a mishit.
I use it for infield/outfield but don’t really need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802