Your top 3 gloves for MI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Youll learn I'm ALWAYS right ;)

I might be wrong but I don't think most MI at high levels are using a 12" glove. They literally barely have time to catch the ball and throw it over so the easier it is to find in the glove the better.
Yeah I get that, but just know that EVERY 12” HOH (except my NP6) that I’ve measured taped out at 11.75”.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Balls hit straight at you and DP you don't even catch the ball, or you shouldn't at least. It is more of a deflection than anything else.

If you see me at throwing my glove across the parking lot at Buck Thomas, it's because my 9 year old thinks it's cool to try and deflect/pop the ball out of his glove on line drives/long fly balls, on the run, and try and throw kids out at 1st from left field (if there is non-congenital reason that I'm going bald, he's it).

Aug 11, 2015
I don't want to hijack the thread but this might add something to the conversation in some way so I'll ask here instead of PM, and it's at least tangentially relevant.

How much lighter do you think Anna's 206 is than the DM pro1000? Olivia has to move to 12u in about 7 weeks (and Pattar's DD is too, if she's staying with her team) and I'd kicked around getting her the DM to put back/start transitioning to next Spring/Summer, but I wonder if the Pro206-6JTB for that price wouldn't be a better idea at her age, if it's lighter?
The J-Tan glove is definitely going to be lighter. will there be enough difference once she is acclimated to it? probably not. They arent Nokona's :)

Jun 8, 2016
If you see me at throwing my glove across the parking lot at Buck Thomas, it's because my 9 year old thinks it's cool to try and deflect/pop the ball out of his glove on line drives/long fly balls, on the run, and try and throw kids out at 1st from left field (if there is non-congenital reason that I'm going bald, he's it).
Lol..I am talking about ground balls although I guess doing it in the OF if you want to get it out quick might work although I am not sure I would recommend it 😂

Extreme example of this (and of thread derail but I was OP so it is ok)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I don't want to hijack the thread but this might add something to the conversation in some way so I'll ask here instead of PM, and it's at least tangentially relevant.

How much lighter do you think Anna's 206 is than the DM pro1000? Olivia has to move to 12u in about 7 weeks (and Pattar's DD is too, if she's staying with her team) and I'd kicked around getting her the DM to put back/start transitioning to next Spring/Summer, but I wonder if the Pro206-6JTB for that price wouldn't be a better idea at her age, if it's lighter?
The Horween Pro1000 is heavier, don’t have exact weights but it’s not that much! At Olivia’s age, plus saving $100.00, the Pro206 at the outlet is a no brainer to me!

The 12” 206 and the 12” Pro1000 are identical patterns, in fact cut from the same dies, so when she wants to move up to the Don Morton exclusive, the pattern will be exactly the same, just stiffer!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
The Horween Pro1000 is heavier, don’t have exact weights but it’s not that much! At Olivia’s age, plus saving $100.00, the Pro206 at the outlet is a no brainer to me!

The 12” 206 and the 12” Pro1000 are identical patterns, in fact cut from the same dies, so when she wants to move up to the Don Morton exclusive, the pattern will be exactly the same, just stiffer!

So what you're saying is that I can't buy the DM and use her as my excuse then lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd