Your top 3 gloves for MI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
My $ 0.02 on Bradley- Olivia's is nicer than my son's. I suspect that when his demand went way up, his lower lines have taken a small hit, in terms of using thinner leather. I'd say you'd need to go to the 6090 line or higher, but you're still paying a little bit of a premium for it being tailored to fit small hands- something Olivia gets a ton of utility out of but Marcela may not (as much, anyway). If the price line between something HOH from Rawlings or something comparable from Wilson/Mizuno/et al begins to intersect with Bradley, I'm not sure it makes any sense to pay more money for something she doesn't necessarily need when you could be getting more glove for the same (or similar) money.

$145.00 plus shipping (Bradley 6090) vs. $160.00 plus tax but no shipping for a proven HOH pattern? I'd probably just pee in the woods at her next three tournaments and save the $5 gate for the difference in the two :ROFLMAO:

Jun 8, 2016
My $ 0.02 on Bradley- Olivia's is nicer than my son's. I suspect that when his demand went way up, his lower lines have taken a small hit, in terms of using thinner leather. I'd say you'd need to go to the 6090 line or higher, but you're still paying a little bit of a premium for it being tailored to fit small hands- something Olivia gets a ton of utility out of but Marcela may not (as much, anyway). If the price line between something HOH from Rawlings or something comparable from Wilson/Mizuno/et al begins to intersect with Bradley, I'm not sure it makes any sense to pay more money for something she doesn't necessarily need when you could be getting more glove for the same (or similar) money.

$145.00 plus shipping (Bradley 6090) vs. $160.00 plus tax but no shipping for a proven HOH pattern? I'd probably just pee in the woods at her next three tournaments and save the $5 gate for the difference in the two :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I am expecting her to be able to use the next glove she gets up to and and maybe through 14U so hand stall size probably isn't something I am going to worry about. The one she has now still stays open when she lays it down without a ball so it is probably good for another season (or two) at least. I am fairly impressed at how well it is holding up as it does get a lot of use. While I used my gloves a ton when I was a kid they would flatten like a pancake after a year or two..of course I wasn't spending $200 on a glove so there is that.

Also, if I get caught pissing in the woods will you bail me out of jail if I message you?

Aug 11, 2015
I'd disagree with not concerning myself with hand stall. Its probably the #1 factor for proper glove fit. You wouldn't want a mechanic using the wrong size tools to complete a job, right? Girls are VERY particular, as Im sure you are finding out. The better they feel, the better they play. Do what you can to make them feel most comfortable.

Jun 8, 2016
I'd disagree with not concerning myself with hand stall. Its probably the #1 factor for proper glove fit. You wouldn't want a mechanic using the wrong size tools to complete a job, right? Girls are VERY particular, as Im sure you are finding out. The better they feel, the better they play. Do what you can to make them feel most comfortable.
I was talking about getting a glove tailored specifically for small hands, which at 13 or 14 won't really be an issue for her. How it feels on her hand is a different story and I agree with you about that.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Also, if I get caught pissing in the woods will you bail me out of jail if I message you?

I would, but @ANNASDAD has all my money tied up in gloves.

If Marcela wants to come and play with us in Lubbock this weekend (and by weekend I mean Thursday-Sunday), she can put Olivia's glove on and see if she likes it lol. Hopefully you won't do the math and realize it would be a lot cheaper to just buy a Bradley and return it within the 30 day return period.

Jun 8, 2016
If Marcela wants to come and play with us in Lubbock this weekend (and by weekend I mean Thursday-Sunday), she can put Olivia's glove on and see if she likes it lol. Hopefully you won't do the math and realize it would be a lot cheaper to just buy a Bradley and return it within the 30 day return period.
Ha..tbh if her coach allowed guest playing she would do it ( I actually mentioned this to DW when I saw the post on okball)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
pattar, have you ever looked at a Vinci ME024-L before? 12” infield pattern with a hinged single post just like the Rawlings RV23 web. I bet Drakemir could hook you up.

This one would have the notorious Vinci small hand stall.

Jun 8, 2016
pattar, have you ever looked at a Vinci ME024-L before? 12” infield pattern with a hinged single post just like the Rawlings RV23 web. I bet Drakemir could hook you up.

This one would have the notorious Vinci small hand stall.
Have not. I know a lot about fielding but absolutely nothing about gloves..hence this thread :p Thanks for the recommendation.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here a Mizuno Pro-Select true fastpitch glove without velcro!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy