Your top 3 gloves for MI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Without normal tools, take a razor and cut the lace end into a point, punch a tiny hole towards the end of the point, straighten out a large paperclip and fold it in the middle. Insert one end of the paperclip through the hole and fold it and voila.......makeshift lacing needle!

Could have used this advice a few times late at night in a hotel room far from home or an open sporting goods store, lol!

Started carrying re-lace stuff in my hotel laundry supplies bag and haven’t needed it since, thank goodness

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Then when you’re done, knot is tied and everything is adjusted where you like it, take the razor or scissors and cut the lace back square, getting rid of the point and hole.

Just another friendly tip from your old uncle AD ;)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
To add an answer to pattar’s original question, I think I’d like to add my newly acquired Easton Small Batch No. 26 to the list!

Even though I haven’t even caught a ball with it yet, it’s a killer pattern with a hand stall most 12 / 14 year olds could use. The only problem is most (all) of those 12 / 14 year old dad’s couldn’t close this glove (for a year). :oops:
E8143A41-1FE2-40BA-AC5A-77E2B4765C41.jpeg

Jun 8, 2016
@pattar
How’s the Pro206 coming along? Is it and your DD playing nicely together? And did you re-lace the wrist?
Haven't relaced it yet. She likes it. We have been just been playing catch with it and she uses it when she plays catch before practices/games. It is a tad bit heavier than her current glove but like I said I don't anticipate her using it till next spring anyway so it should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog