Whats after 18U?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
I wish I could figure out why there are amateur baseball leagues for adults but it just seems like women are expected to be done once they get to college if they're not playing for their school.

Yes, leagues exist, but they're not easy to find. And like others have said here, a lot of those 23U leagues are college players, so the woman who just wants to keep playing but may not be at that level probably wouldn't be a fit there.

There's always slow pitch, I guess.
It much be a reginal thing ... Here in Central VA there is not much more than Co-Ed slow pitch for women ... A few years ago I remember a fast pitch league near Bristol Tenn., not sure if that is still is going on ... Any way, in Southern Maine where my DD's live there are Womens Slow Pitch and Womens Fast Pitch as well as Co-Ed Slow PItch ... Some great talent too.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
if you live in a neighborhood where kids are still playing ball at parks during the daytime, consider yourself lucky. I don't think you'd find too many others who have the same thing happening. I know my own neighborhood is empty of kids playing any form of ball at a park. Once in a while, I'll see a dad and kid doing some hitting stuff somewhere but, I can't remember the last time I saw a whole bunch of kids playing a pick up game of something the way my generation did.
Our neighborhood is the same way. We have a pretty nice community area.

Baseball field -- used by a couple local rec teams. Beyond that there is almost nobody ever on the field. When DD still played, we never had to worry about the field being used. We could go over virtually any time and practice fielding or hitting.

Basketball court -- full size. Empty most of the time. We will occasionally see small groups of kids. Perhaps enough to play 2 on 2 or 3 on 3. When we moved to the neighborhood 25 years ago you would routinely see 5 on 5 games with an extra team or two waiting their turns.

2 Tennis courts -- DD and I used it earlier in the summer. I cannot honestly tell you when I saw another person on the courts. I'm sure it's used once in a while, but not often.

Skate park -- 6 to 10 kids nearly every night of the week. It's really the only portion of the rec area that gets used with any consistency.

Jan 28, 2017
FL Gulf Coast League- don't know much about it but 25 games in 5 weeks. Some of Florida States players played in it. A friends DD played in it this summer and he said they were starting a league in Nashville.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad