So now what do I do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
You can do what I did. Go coach a team. That will keep you plenty busy.

As with anything you'll change. You have to learn to sit, relax and just watch the game. It is truly hers now. Let her enjoy it. Don't obsess over every little detail. You'll drive yourself crazy. You'll hear about how the coach did this or that.. You'll hear about team drama. You'll hear how hard it is because she doesn't have enough time. You'll get the homesick phone call shortly after the fall season ends and she settles into her school routine. After the 1st season you won't believe that is your DD. She is now independent and a lot more grown up than when she left.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Well if your married and your wife still recalls what you look like after all that time at the field, just a joke...Maybe its time to remember who your first best friend was in that house and begin to enjoy each other for the rest of your life. Or at least until DD brings you a GDD that you can start over with.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How about giving conflicting and sometimes inane advice to crazy parents on a discussion board? It worked for me.

Ecclesiastes 3:1, my friend.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Sounds to me like you need to take a cruise or a vacation you have missed out on. I bet you passed on several quality trips with the wife in the past few years. Have a cold beer, relax and look forward to actually being able to go watch your DD play a game that both of you love. Enjoy this experience. You certainly have earned it. Keep us all updated on your DD's game.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I still have 2 years before this happens and I am dreading it! DW and I have joked about fostering or adopting a girl just so we can stay on the fields.

The truth is that we will do 2 things: 1) Travel with the money that we no longer spend on softball and 2) Volunteer for our local Little League program to bring some softball experience to them.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
I'd tell you to move up here and help me coach summer ball, but I imagine you are still going to be busy as all get out with your org even if your daughter isn't playing for them any more. What the heck I'll sweeten the pot. I got gallons of homebrew just waitnig to be consumed by my assitants. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA