What to do about pitching line up? (8u rec)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 9, 2021
My suggestion for coaches with new pitchers at young ages is to only use them one inning at a time when first starting out. If they have success in the one inning they pitched they can go home feeling great about that. If they struggle they only have to struggle for one inning. You never know who will turn out to be great pitchers. Give as many girls reps as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My suggestion for coaches with new pitchers at young ages is to only use them one inning at a time when first starting out. If they have success in the one inning they pitched they can go home feeling great about that. If they struggle they only have to struggle for one inning. You never know who will turn out to be great pitchers. Give as many girls reps as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, that's what we've been doing. When the games start counting, I'd like to be fair as well as pragmatic about the pitching line up.

Jan 25, 2022
8u should never be anything other than coach relief. It's a huge waste of time having kids out there who can't throw a strike. batters and defenders dont learn anything other than bad habits from standing around so much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles