Notable changes over 20-minutes.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Pulling back with your hands/arms? Yes, you are guessing.

You posed the original question. I said pulling back with the hands and arms during the forward move is bad. Not guessing that’s a fact. Unless you stay on your back leg and cast from there. Not very adjustable though.

Keeping the hands back relative to the body is what happens like Trout. Not arresting forward momentum with his hands. Control the forward move in all 3 planes . Forward yet back.

https://youtu.be/Cerdx1KN8Sw

No pull back. It’s resistance against the negative move your seeing. The hand drifts back even more in his forward move. Wonder why?

https://youtu.be/732yz0NbnSA

Question: does that hand path look straight to you?

https://youtu.be/o_ypYGYvmJ0

Hands pulling back or staying put while the mass goes forward?

Apr 11, 2015
You haven’t read any of my posts... but here ya go. The pros stay on top of the ball. So the loop to the ball is as minor as possible(direct) So ‘behind’ won’t cut it. Bregman- he wants his hands traveling high above his chest and the ball.
I've read all your posts (and all of the other hundreds it seems in the last 30 some odd pages), but it seems as though you didn't read mine, or at least look at all of the evidence I continue to post to show you how, and where MLB/HL hitters bring their barrel into the strike zone from "behind" the plate, their bodies, or whatever other landmark you'd like to use. But it's not in the zone "high above their chest and the ball" or the plate.

Please feel free to show me a Bergman game swing where the barrel is traveling "high above his chest and the ball" which would be the case if you wasn't doing something else with his hand to have the barrel not follow "directly" behind his hands to the ball.

The mass supplies the power. The hands are ‘live and independent’. They supply the power for the whip of the barrel. 2 independent engines synced.
OK, so "whip" the barrel is the transitive verb instead of "turn"...so then how do you "whip" the barrel w/o sending it on a different path than the hands are taking somehow?

The body needs to stay straight when rotating to deliver max speed to the ball efficiently. There isn’t any direction taking place with the body. It’s with hands.
Really, you don't turn your body/torso/hips more in an inside pitch compared to an outside pitch? OK, if you say so...but I think you're in a minority with that thinking or those types of observations.

Watch the video AGAIN. Bregman says his load is during his stride. Not a negative move or rearward move. He’s speaking of his core.
AGAIN...I thought you said you were reading my posts....who's taking about loading? We're talking about "direction" forward to the baseball...not loading.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You do realize that without showing us a video of her pullback during that time saying this doesn't
really prove anything, right? Same with you saying she used to TTB but it caused her to be too slow.
If I told you my DD's rearward barrel turn (yeah,yeah she doesn't really have one but this is just a thought experiment :D ) was a reaction
to her body movement (which was balanced, in sequence, used the ground and had a direct hand path) and that caused her to be too slow
would you just believe me?

Point taken. But you will listen to TM without any proof right? What’s the difference?

Jun 8, 2016
Point taken. But you will listen to TM without any proof right? What’s the difference?

I listen to people who say things which I see, with my own two near-sighted eyes, happening in good swings that are productive
at the highest levels of their sport. That includes
many people including TM (and you with regards to making sure one is balanced throughout their swing as being a core principle)

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I've read all your posts (and all of the other hundreds it seems in the last 30 some odd pages), but it seems as though you didn't read mine, or at least look at all of the evidence I continue to post to show you how, and where MLB/HL hitters bring their barrel into the strike zone from "behind" the plate, their bodies, or whatever other landmark you'd like to use. But it's not in the zone "high above their chest and the ball" or the plate.

Please feel free to show me a Bergman game swing where the barrel is traveling "high above his chest and the ball" which would be the case if you wasn't doing something else with his hand to have the barrel not follow "directly" behind his hands to the ball.

OK, so "whip" the barrel is the transitive verb instead of "turn"...so then how do you "whip" the barrel w/o sending it on a different path than the hands are taking somehow?

Really, you don't turn your body/torso/hips more in an inside pitch compared to an outside pitch? OK, if you say so...but I think you're in a minority with that thinking or those types of observations.

AGAIN...I thought you said you were reading my posts....who's taking about loading? We're talking about "direction" forward to the baseball...not loading.

I’m done. I apparently can’t communicate this stuff properly so I am out. Good luck to you.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I listen to people who say things which I see, with my own two near-sighted eyes, happening in good swings that are productive
at the highest levels of their sport. That includes
many people including TM (and you with regards to making sure one is balanced throughout their swing as being a core principle)

I’m tired. I’m out. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06