Notable changes over 20-minutes.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Interesting changes in a swing over a short period of time. There are significant changes beyond what is mentioned in the video.

Changes credited include ...

1) Better posture.

2) Adding more of a pullback (pulling back with the top arm and incorporating the back). Greater early lead-arm extension.

3) Launching the upper body back.

4) Turning the barrel at swing launch versus pushing the barrel forward.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Interesting changes in a swing over a short period of time. There are significant changes beyond what is mentioned in the video.

1) Better posture.

2) Adding more of a pullback (pulling back with the top arm and incorporating the back). Greater early lead-arm extension.

I have seen a few thing on more of a locked out arm on twitter for power. Only guy I can think of that hit like that and was a hof was JR.

Are you an advocate for the longer lead arm as well as the other mentioned changes?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
FFS - YOu have referenced quite a few of Antonelli's videos recently. Have you come across any that you don't agree with?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

1) Better posture.

Notable, He never gets into a good leveraged fyb position on the right before whipping the barrel..

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I have seen a few thing on more of a locked out arm on twitter for power. Only guy I can think of that hit like that and was a hof was JR.

Are you an advocate for the longer lead arm as well as the other mentioned changes?

This is far from arm bar.

The longer lead-arm keeps a hitter more 'connected' and colinear.

I am not a fan of those that lock their lead-arm at a 90-degree orientation as they arrive at 'swing launch'. I have two hitters that do this now ... and it is my opinion that they could perform much better if they had some ELAE.

A few examples of ELAE follow.

Cabrera-052313-side-elae.gif

Chidester-ELAE.gif

Donny-ELAE2.gif

tewks-carlos-elae.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Notable, He never gets into a good leveraged fyb position on the right before whipping the barrel..

Also note the change from a front-hip pivot point to a more centered swing. I often get this when I switch a kid from having a more horizontal-torso focus to a more proper hip/torso-engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478