No Power In DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Don't go CRAZY trying to 'fix' everything at once. Move the tee first...THEN see what the swing looks like.

Jun 8, 2016
Don't go CRAZY trying to 'fix' everything at once. Move the tee first...THEN see what the swing looks like.
Agree with 1000%. I personally would work on her move out (stride) first. Reaching like this puts your body in a comprimised
position and it makes it difficult to make the upper half/core do what it is supposed to.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

I agree completely with this. Also keep in mind that many young athletes have two swings. A tee swing. And a live swing. In many cases they are not the same. So as you see her making adjustments to her tee swing, make sure it translates to her live swing.

Jun 8, 2016
Can you get around the 3 sec mark where the hitter is in a good contact position except tee is a few inches forward.
At work so I'm block from making gifs.
This? On youtube I am not sure if when you flip through it skips a bunch of frames or not..that was the best I could do.
Screenshot from 2019-05-17 10-51-56.png

May 9, 2019

Yes, I definitely feel like I overload her with too many things. Thank you for the advice on this! I do have some live pitching videos I'll post later to see if its any different.

Jun 8, 2016
Also keep in mind that many young athletes have two swings. A tee swing. And a live swing. In many cases they are not the same. So as you see her making adjustments to her tee swing, make sure it translates to her live swing.
I need to take some video of my DD's tee swing to show how true this is...

Oct 2, 2017
Here is a video from yesterdays BP off the tee. I have a live pitch on processing right now.

To me it seems like she is pulling her body back too early reducing the weight transfer.. Not sure why the ball doesnt travel higher and farther.. Im working on her to work the left elbow up a bit.

Not a bad swing, with some adjustment she will be well on her way. She does a lot of great things. I agree with others that the Tee being to far out in front, which is teaching contact at extension vs contact then extension. It seems to me that there really isn't that much weight transfer happening. She is trying power the swing with the upper body. its a all back all forward type of thing happening. That's why she is pulling her head up and out. She needs to understand that we are not trying to swing "Around the ball", but "Through the ball"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles