No Power In DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2019
Tee to far out front.
Bat wrap.
Downward barrel path.
Front side/leg 'in charge'.
To wide of stance.(style)
To long of a stride.(style)

I think the tee should be in line with the front foot? I believe she's still a bit too far back but normally she isn't. Just on this video.

What is bat wrap?

Can you please elaborate on the other items like front side leg in charge?

Jun 8, 2016
Tee to far out front.
Bat wrap.
Downward barrel path.
Front side/leg 'in charge'.
To wide of stance.(style)
To long of a stride.(style)
Agree, she has some arm bar too..which probably may go away if the other mechanical things were fixed. Her swing is kind of similar to my DD's in the beginning of the sequence..

May 9, 2019
Agree, she has some arm bar too..which probably may go away if the other mechanical things were fixed. Her swing is kind of similar to my DD's in the beginning of the sequence..

Yes definitely arm bar. I am trying to figure a way to erase that by having her tuck her right elbow closer to her hip during the swing.. is that the fix for that issue?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Yeah, I added that to my post.
Bat wrap is where the bat is 'laid' down behind the back of the head. Almost even with the shoulders.

Jun 8, 2016
I think the tee should be in line with the front foot? I believe she's still a bit too far back but normally she isn't. Just on this video.

What is bat wrap?

Can you please elaborate on the other items like front side leg in charge?
For tee work, place the tee such that she making contact at a point near between where her front foot lands and front hip. You will likely make contact further out on a live ball but for tee work that placement is better. Bat wrap is that she has the bat pointed towards the pitcher when starts to swing. With regards to lead leg in charge, she is reaching with her front leg vs. striding with the back leg..my 9 YO DD does the same thing (actually is worse than yours).
Imot, with regards to moving out and lead leg, the hitter on the left below is what you want to see, the hitter on the right actively uses his lead leg too much (is reaching with it).

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Yes definitely arm bar. I am trying to figure a way to erase that by having her tuck her right elbow closer to her hip during the swing.. is that the fix for that issue?

Here's where many go wrong trying to fix 'arm bar'. Most good hitters have a straight front arm.

The difference in good hitters and others is her hands are behind the back elbow. This is bat drag.

The only way I know to fix this is simply taking dry swings, then dry stride, and learn to keep the hands ahead of the back elbow.

May 9, 2019
For tee work, place the tee such that she making contact at a point near between where her front foot lands and front hip. You will likely make contact further out on a live ball but for tee work that placement is better. Bat wrap is that she has the bat pointed towards the pitcher when starts to swing. With regards to lead leg in charge, she is reaching with her front leg vs. striding with the back leg..my 9 YO DD does the same thing (actually is worse than yours).

Thanks so much. I see exactly what you're saying about that lead leg in charge. Man this forum is so awesome. Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812