Manipulating the Barrel Early with Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
The barrel and hand pivot need to be adjustable for all pitches in the zone.. Romero's path is a lot closer to the high level swing then Dicarlos.
That's something we are not going to agree on, and that's ok.

I showed a clip where Dicarlo easily adjusts to a higher pitch and her barrel path is much flatter, which is expected. We can't show a clip of Martinez's swing at belt high and compare to Dicarlo's swing below the knees and say Martinez's swing is flatter. Comparing Dicarlo at the belt to Martinez at the belt shows a very similar barrel path

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Right, so what about her adjustment to the higher pitch that Julray showed?

Does anyone have a gif of that swing ? Something has to give to cover the whole zone. The hand pivot either pushed forward before turning or the body moved to clear.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
That's something we are not going to agree on, and that's ok.

I showed a clip where Dicarlo easily adjusts to a higher pitch and her barrel path is much flatter, which is expected. We can't show a clip of Martinez's swing at belt high and compare to Dicarlo's swing below the knees and say Martinez's swing is flatter. Comparing Dicarlo at the belt to Martinez at the belt shows a very similar barrel path

Julray, if your daughters pattern ends up matching either Dicarlos or Romero's she will be successful. I would say pick a pattern and avoid mixing patterns.

Jun 8, 2016
Julray, if your daughters pattern ends up matching either Dicarlos or Romero's she will be successful.
Hey something we can all agree on....and it's Friday!! :)

Right now I would just be happy for my DD to have a pattern, any pattern, which she sticks with for more than a week :rolleyes: Trying to work with her is like herding cats...

May 12, 2016
Julray, if your daughters pattern ends up matching either Dicarlos or Romero's she will be successful. I would say pick a pattern and avoid mixing patterns.
What do you think happens if I ask her to do both at the same time :)

Jun 8, 2016
Halfway there, I'm already bald..
Ha!! The cynical part is the one which gets me in trouble. As inconsistent as she is with her mechanics, and the abovementioned cynicism, I am half expecting my DD to go up to the plate and hit left handed this weekend (if they are not rained out)...

May 12, 2016
Ha!! The cynical part is the one which gets me in trouble. As inconsistent as she is with her mechanics, and the abovementioned cynicism, I am half expecting my DD to go up to the plate and hit left handed this weekend (if they are not rained out)...
LOL

Nov 16, 2017
IMO...They all work together. That said, I prefer to talk about the elbows working together (turn the triangle) rather than just the rear elbow. For my DD, learning how to get the front elbow working up was an important step.

That is right, I tell my TB girls to elbow someone in the nose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1