Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I'll also add that I don't understand the loading the barrel reference either. I've been (very broadly) interpreting "load" as a way of storing energy (or maybe creating potential energy?) - usually by some sort of stretching movement. I don't recall the hands being talked about as a real power source - active, yes, but not necessarily powering the swing like the core.

For loading the barrel, are you (W=W) referring to a "tip and rip" barrel movement? (I can't see any of twitter images you've embedded)
This is loading the barrel..

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
the hands get loaded after the scap gets retracted
What 'loads'....'unloads'.......
For 'someone' that thinks the 'knob to the ball'.
Again it's the rear leg that is getting 'loaded'. Not the barrel, not the hands or the scap for that matter.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
What 'loads'....'unloads'.......
For 'someone' that thinks the 'knob to the ball'.

The top hand cocks the barrel and releases the barrel.’ Load ‘ ‘unload’

It’s knob to a release point. It’s not a literal thing. You know what swing path is correct? Inside the ball?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The top hand cocks the barrel and releases the barrel.’ Load ‘ ‘unload’
So, the barrel and the hands BOTH are being LOADED. Can't be BOTH. I believe neither.
Show me or explain to me how you load the hands or the barrel for which you say BOTH
happens.
And why would you LOAD hands or the barrel. So, some kind of 'power' is going to come from this LOAD. Remember you've be saying the hands hold on to the bat/are along for the ride. Now you say the hands have power....

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So, the barrel and the hands BOTH are being LOADED. Can't be BOTH. I believe neither.
Show me or explain to me how you load the hands or the barrel for which you say BOTH
happens.
And why would you LOAD hands or the barrel. So, some kind of 'power' is going to come from this LOAD. Remember you've be saying the hands hold on to the bat/are along for the ride. Now you say the hands have power....
It’s a kinetic chain. It works up from the ground to the legs, core, arms hands and bat. I’ve never said anything is along for the ride.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Have you heard of Barry speak of his top hand??? 😎

How about Miggy?

Power? I don’t speak of power. It comes when you swing right, with the right timing. Efficiency is what I preach.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

I think this shows what I’m speaking of. If you can’t see it. I can’t really help you. These actions are found in a correct kinematic sequence.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

I think this shows what I’m speaking of. If you can’t see it. I can’t really help you. These actions are found in a correct kinematic sequence.

If I follow you correctly, while the barrel is "turning" in our words, it is "loading" in your words. Then when it is traveling "out from" in our words, it is "unloading" in your words. Does that seem about right?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If I follow you correctly, while the barrel is "turning" in our words, it is "loading" in your words. Then when it is traveling "out from" in our words, it is "unloading" in your words. Does that seem about right?

Not really. When the hands flash the knob the core pulls. It’s synced. The hands go forward and load the barrel. Think of barrel load as the top hand getting cocked. Direction and Loading of the barrel are blended. Not one then the other.

Crack a whip. Or towel. That’s the correct feel. Add a pulling core. Walaa!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes