Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I leave it right there pattar .... are you trying to get me kicked? LOL
Well if your significant other's name is Sydney you would be fine so I didn't consider
that possibility LOL. Ok I am done..I have grading to do.

Jun 8, 2016
Rd are we leveraging the body or the space around us?
Both of you were saying the same thing..if the COM moves forward by X relative to a fixed point on the ground than the hands need to move forward by less than X measured from the same fixed point. That said one can push their hands straight back as they move forward and not properly stretch their upper back..it isn't so much about the hands...just look at Trout's hands in the video posted in this thread.

May 12, 2016
Both of you were saying the same thing..if the COM moves forward by X relative to a fixed point on the ground than the hands need to move forward by less than X measured from the same fixed point. That said one can push their hands straight back as they move forward and not properly stretch their upper back..it isn't so much about the hands...just look at Trout's hands in the video posted in this thread.
Hands are just a good visual reference point.. and that's about it

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Not necessarily. Some load when the COM drops. While the hands remain up and back. Barry comes to mind. Some take the mass forward with the hands like Cano. So some will drop to load. Some will go forward. Style within mechanic would be the classification I guess.

Jun 8, 2016
Not necessarily. Some load when the COM drops. While the hands remain up and back. Barry comes to mind. Some take the mass forward with the hands like Cano. So some will drop to load. Some will go forward. Style within mechanic would be the classification I guess.

Not sure what part you are disagreeing with..my main point is what the hands do is less important than how they use their upper back.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The hands are what get loaded so they could load the barrel. The back scap does get pulled into the spine. Both are reactions.BUT the hands will dictate whether the path is short adjustable and ‘through’ or cut off long and short in the zone. Not the scap. So disregarding the hands would be detrimental to whoever doesn’t use them for path and adjustability. The pros talk about their hands a lot. Go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom