How to Teach Long Through the Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2008
Central PA
Casey is a broke college kid. Works every chance she can when she comes back home. She would laugh at your comment, and take you up on that.:)

She knows I have posted her swing. She has no idea to what extent or how many people know who she is.:cool:
She has never once read this site.
She just knows I give lessons at home and help girls on the internet....

One time couple of years ago this girl came for a lesson. Casey walked in the garage to get something and the girl said Hi Casey, your the girl in the video's...She said with big eyes.
Like they knew each other for years.
I got a chuckle

SL

I just took a new job and have changed teams that I coach this year, so tell Casey she's about to be famous in two towns in Central, PA. Best wishes for Casey in school - you two have been very helpful and made us better!

Apr 1, 2010
2. Rolling the top hand over early, even to the point of sometimes smacking the bat against their front/outside shoulder at the end of the swing. These hitters really yank the top of the barrel around with their top hand. For these hitters, I use the "Throwing the Bat" drill. It gives them a sense of what their hands are supposed to be doing. CAUTION: When using this drill for these hitters, use wiffle bats and/or get everyone around you the heck out of the way! The first few swings with these hitters are hazardous.

DD's instructor uses the top section of a standard black rubber batting tee for the throwing the bat drill. Works pretty well.

Dec 25, 2010
I also live in that area. Which 2 schools if I may ask?

I just took a new job and have changed teams that I coach this year, so tell Casey she's about to be famous in two towns in Central, PA. Best wishes for Casey in school - you two have been very helpful and made us better!

May 1, 2011
Rolling the top hand over early, even to the point of sometimes smacking the bat against their front/outside shoulder at the end of the swing. These hitters really yank the top of the barrel around with their top hand. For these hitters, I use the "Throwing the Bat" drill. It gives them a sense of what their hands are supposed to be doing. CAUTION: When using this drill for these hitters, use wiffle bats and/or get everyone around you the heck out of the way! The first few swings with these hitters are hazardous.

I LOVE THIS DRILL. Have really changed some swings with this. My favorite part is watching the girls LAUNCH the bat over their front shoulder the first few attempts. Talk about INSTANT FEEDBACK.

Oct 19, 2009
Casey is a broke college kid. Works every chance she can when she comes back home. She would laugh at your comment, and take you up on that.:)

She knows I have posted her swing. She has no idea to what extent or how many people know who she is.:cool:
She has never once read this site.
She just knows I give lessons at home and help girls on the internet....

One time couple of years ago this girl came for a lesson. Casey walked in the garage to get something and the girl said Hi Casey, your the girl in the video's...She said with big eyes.
Like they knew each other for years.
I got a chuckle

SL

Just to let you know I’ve showed my daughter and others Casey video to demonstrate different parts of the swing. I’ve always been very impressed with her mechanics and you one can see all the hard work she has put into getting her mechanics down. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

I am sure she will have a great college career. :cool:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
167jcle.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06