Sofia (11yo), first year of 12U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2017
DD is 11 and starting her first season of 12U. She has come a long way but we are always looking for ways to improve. To me, it seems like she swings across her body but I am not sure. I don’t see the typical extension you see with other hitters. Lastly, she has a tendency to slow her swing depending on the pitch.

Here is a recent video, let me know what you see. Thanks in advance.

Oct 19, 2017
Looks pretty good. Probably could walk away from her hands a bit more. How does she hit in games?
Thanks, she had some success last season. In 35 games, she had 32 hits and over 30 RBI.
Mostly fly balls (38%), ground balls (40%) and the rest were line drives. Obviously, we would like to see more line drives.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Well she is not over swinging. Solid swing. Looks like she lacks the intention to hit the ball hard. Just trying to make contact? Maybe a little more scap load would help with bat speed. Cambat to build strength? Turn back foot in a little to create more load in rear glute.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The back leg should be something to post around/against like when we walk. Should help w all the other flaws seen. Fix that and repost.it should drastically change speed, angles and balance points.

1694795769461.gif

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
Well she is not over swinging. Solid swing. Looks like she lacks the intention to hit the ball hard. Just trying to make contact? Maybe a little more scap load would help with bat speed. Cambat to build strength? Turn back foot in a little to create more load in rear glute.

Thank you. We have a wooden bat but she finds it to end loaded. I’ll look into the camwood style bats.

Aug 20, 2017
Needs burst at moment of go. She’s pushing hands forward a bit. Needs to learn quickness. Get her stretched and give her the go command on a tee. Get her into a position where she feels like she could swing from her stance. She gets there and you say go. Needs to be a sudden burst. Then get her to about a 70% stretched position, tell her to pick up front foot and get the other 30%. Will help her learn her launch position

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
bbf-2023-0915.gif

When she picks up the front knee, she should fall an inch or two further toward the pitcher also.

[notice the hitter in post#5 pick his front knee straight up, then land on a bent knee.]

Oct 19, 2017
Thank you all. I think we have a few things we will focus on and I’ll post an update in a few months.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
View attachment 28756

When she picks up the front knee, she should fall an inch or two further toward the pitcher also.

[notice the hitter in post#5 pick his front knee straight up, then land on a bent knee.]

Hitting and FP pitching front leg usage is similar. I have no idea where you get this very bent front knee stuff?

IMB_oUkWt5.gif
IMB_OcNLMp.gif

Fastest to 250 HR’s and the Queen HR leader.

IMB_VmvsYC.gif

One of the greatest RH hitters.

The front leg is created a bow, the back leg is cornering/turning toward the mid line. So the front leg is setting a bow and holding it.

This is not setting the bow like walking or sprinting. Like Judge is doing. Resetting the bow in the air. The girl is doing nothing other then having a very bent knee.

IMB_Yq9oqS.gif

Leg set in the air,

IMB_Edoxw3.gif

Setting the bow.

IMB_kBXVLG.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles