High school softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I would rather tell the college coach the HS coach didn't know wth he/she was doing then to give some generic statement about grades that sounds like it came from a Politician's Crisis Management team.
. Generic statement
And the best answer!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Plus when you are playing in college you have to "work on your grades" while still playing, with courses which are much more difficult then the cheeseball classes most take in HS, so how does that look?
You must have not read thoroughly my post I already addressed that. College coaches by far know that people have really heavy schedules they are not swayed negatively by players who don't participate in high school sports. They know players and young people have intense full schedule especially when they know they are still competing with travel ball teams and that specifically is part of the equation...while working on grades.
It is an excellent answer!

Jun 8, 2016
You must have not read thoroughly my post I already addressed that. College coaches by far know that people have really heavy schedules they are not swayed negatively by players who don't participate in high school sports. They know players and young people have intense full schedule especially when they know they are still competing with travel ball teams and that specifically is part of the equation working on grades is an excellent answer
I read it, wasn't exactly War and Peace. Wasn't swayed.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Just having a discussion on a discussion board @RADcatcher ..
No kidding!
I offered a positive suggestion for people.
You dont have to like it LOL

Seriously good luck to your daughter's Journey.
who knows the high school situation there...
may cause more disruption with you, than it will with her.
LOL you're going to have to deal with that!
Good luck to you 😁

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
No kidding!

Stop creating crap when there isn't any. I offered a positive suggestion for people. And then I offered a positivr good luck to your daughter's Journey.
HINT HINT
Take from the conversation the positive part.

I know that's the hardest part for you...
Or it's just easier for you to kick sand at people
I wasn't kicking sand at anybody. Here is how this went (and how it always goes with you). You gave a suggestion. I discussed why your suggestion may be problematic (Hint: This is the "discussion" part) You got pissy and accuse me of "kicking sand".

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021
The question was does it matter if a player plays in high school or not.

So I asked...
is it a deal-breaker if they don't play softball in high school?
in specific~is it a deal-breaker

The answer to that question is NO.

While it may seem that the answer to that question may be relevant in reality the answer to that question
(Why they did not play is) either irrelevant or cannot be researched nor confirmed in 99 % of situations.

Can share from my experience have never encountered a situation where a player was not offered a scholarship because they did not play softball in high school.

Have encountered people who could not get scholarships to four-year universities/colleges because of poor grades and families/players that had bad reputations.
This is a more important and relevant to recruitment imo than actually playing hs.

Ultimately it does not matter if you never played. If you've played on a HS program and quit it as a college coach, I would like to know more about why? A coach knows especially the in-state schools which ones are good and bad. And if you're leaving a solid program that is an automatic red flag to me.

**If you can't balance school and playing ball at the same time, maybe college isn't for that player.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I wasn't kicking sand at anybody. Here is how this went (and how it always goes with you). You gave a suggestion. I questioned why your suggestion may be problematic (Hint: This is the "discussion" part) You got pissy and accuse me of "kicking sand".
I edited... was trying to be sarcastic and that didn't come out quite right this is better
No kidding!
I offered a positive suggestion for people.
You dont have to like it LOL

Seriously good luck to your daughter's Journey.
who knows the high school situation there...
may cause more disruption with you, than it will with her.
LOL you're going to have to deal with that!
Good luck to you 😁
😁😁😁

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Ultimately it does not matter if you never played. If you've played on a HS program and quit it as a college coach, I would like to know more about why? A coach knows especially the in-state schools which ones are good and bad. And if you're leaving a solid program that is an automatic red flag to me.

**If you can't balance school and playing ball at the same time, maybe college isn't for that player.
What I notice is there is so much junk involved in high school softball
that college coaches already know it.

They may take a look and see what high school you go to, but it is usually more for academic notoriety. But the fluctuation in level and junk that's involved in high school kind of makes it irrelevant in its feedback. Of course there are a few standout high school programs that their Athletics are noteworthy in softball but that is extremely Limited.

My share this feedback knowing for decades of speaking with college coaches... knowing what they talked about and what they reference and it is not high school.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole