Congratulations to Mary Chamberlain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Sibling rivalry can be an interesting think. A few weeks ago I wrote about Chrissy Chamberlain setting the RBI record at the University of Dubuque. She was also named the team's most valuable pitcher in a season where she originally wasn't expected to pitch at all.

Well, not to be outdone I found out her sister Mary (who is also a student of mine) was recently named to both the all-conference and all-academic teams for the Fox Valley Conference in Illinois. She was also named her team's most valuable player for the second year in a row.

With all those honors you would expect to find Mary to be some 6'2" stud just dripping with athleticism. In truth, though, Mary is closer to 5'2" or 5'3". To look at her just standing around you wouldn't think "this is the team's MVP." She doesn't have that build. But what Mary has going for her is an exceptional work ethic and as much mental toughness as you will ever find. (She's obviously smart, too.)

Mary doesn't have overpowering speed, but she can make a ball move all over the place. More importantly, she knows how to set up a hitter to keep her from getting comfortable. That ability has served her well over the past few years, and will continue to next year playing for Blackburn College.

So congratulations, Mary. She's yet one more great example of how being successful isn't just about talent. It's about desire and love of the game. A strong will can lead you to great heights.

More...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd