And just like that....DD is **COMMITTED**

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
I don't want to be like Cannonball in this thread, but the pressure doesn't go away now. It just shifts from getting to committed to now living up to the expectations of being committed.

We have for sure experienced this. I thought it would be easier. For her it’s been worse despite frequent contact and communication with her future staff and lots of positive feedback she’s just hard on herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 25, 2019
We have for sure experienced this. I thought it would be easier. For her it’s been worse despite frequent contact and communication with her future staff and lots of positive feedback she’s just hard on herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm sure there's gonna be plenty of "she's a D1 commit??....she's not even that good" from other teams and even other teammates. But I guess we will navigate those as they come up.

May 20, 2016
It's good. My DD committed last year and has been playing free and easy since. About to do the official application now. All the 24s on the team are committed and they for sure play looser.

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
Yeah, I'm sure there's gonna be plenty of "she's a D1 commit??....she's not even that good" from other teams and even other teammates. But I guess we will navigate those as they come up.
Will happen in high school ball too, but you know those bleacher jockeys are better talent evaluator then D1 coaches. ;) Congrats to your DD, it's a great accomplishment and wear it proudly!

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I think the hardest part for me and DD is looking at the roster of her committed school and seeing it change through transfer portal, etc. You can see who they'll compete with and the pressure comes from trying to get a starting spot as a freshman...

Congrats to you and your DD, one chapter ends and another starts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad